What's a good reason to repeat a week?

Options
I just finished week 6 day 3. When I say it wasn't easy, I'm not exagerating.
I have a heart rate monitor now and I noticed that for the last 6 minutes I was above 190.
Is that ok to do? Should I be repeating the week or should I take the attitude that I CAN do it (albeit not well) and therefore push ahead to 7?

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to repeat Week 3 because I'm having knee troubles. My SIL, a marathon runner and physical therapist told me that it's reasonable to expect knee pain every time I add distance, and to not overdo it. I may repeat week 3 so that I'm not adding distance for a week.
    I think it's totally OK to repeat a week if you feel like it was very difficult. You could also just repeat one day of that week as well.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Not that I am an expert but I have repeated several weeks. I am on Week 4, Day 3 today. I have repeated weeks when at the end of the 3rd day, I am still angry at the lack of progress. I believe I doubled Wk1 and 2. I say do what your body is telling you.

190 seems really high! But again, I am no expert. Your goal is to finish the program, right? If you get injured than you cannot complete the program as planned. This is what I tell myself, when I am mad that I am repeating a week.

Good luck!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body, if you feel you should repeat it then by all means do it. I'd much prefer to repeat a day or two than to take a chance on injuring myself:flowerforyou:
  • Dartmouth501
    Dartmouth501 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I finished W6D3 today and the last few minutes were a struggle. Will repeat W6 and hopefully the D3 run will go smoothly next time. Last weeks 20 minute run was a struggle at the very end. This week I had no problem with the first 20 minutes. I rather take my time and complete the program than rush it and give up.