Anti depressant Med

Options
I have been taking antidepressant medication for 2 years since my dad passed away, and noticed that even though I was watching what I ate I was gaining weight, I just found out that this medication makes you gain atleast 10 pounds. I just stopped taking it but feel I'm over eating even though I'm not hungry. As anyone gone through a similar experience?

Thanks

Replies

• lottap
    lottap Posts: 6
    Options
    My Dr. prescribed zoloft because its one of the few anti-depressant that won't make you gain weight. For me it has decreased my appetite.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I gained alot of weight on zoloft. It actually was just on Dr. Oz. It can have weight gain side effects up to 35 pounds! Everyone reacts different tho on medication. I am going to try wellbutrin. Its not an ssri which pack the pounds on! I am now trying to come off zoloft and it is the worst !
  • paskewie
    paskewie Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi -

I also have had a similar experience. My doctor started me on Zoloft and I ended up gaining about 15 pounds. I was switched to Paxil and a similar thing happened. My doctor told me many times the weight gain happens in the first month as your body adjusts to the medication, but that it should get easier to lose the weight the longer you are on the med. I have been on for just under 2 months now and am now having an easier time taking off some pounds. Good luck!