Looking for support and Motivation

Options
cravercrave
cravercrave Posts: 1 Member
I am new to the MFP family and would like support and ideas on how to stay healthy. Feel free to add me.

cravercrave

Replies

• MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    well you have come to the right place and further thanks to your fiance for encouraging you, here you will learn all about health, fitness and nutrients. add friends to motivate and encourage you, I will send you a friend request, all the best cravercave on you weightloss journey
  • cnorwoodjr
    cnorwoodjr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the crew! This site has really opened my eyes to how my eating habits were affecting me, and now it's definitely helped me to change what needed changing. Hope you have success with it.
  • Tequan
    Tequan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey cravercrave,

1 thing I can add is for you to be active. I think that we focus a lot on what we eat and it is a big part, but if we get more active and exercise, that'll put less pressure on your eating. When I take lunch @ work, I walk back and forth in the parking lot. After about 25 mins. at a nice rate, I've walked a mile or so. When I'm feeling like I need to go hard, I'll jog in intervals and a couple of times, I've even jogged the whole mile!! I always seem to burn 125 - 195 calories, which help. You figure that'll eliminate a snack or 2, depending on what you eat!

Good Luck man!!
  • bmoregan
    bmoregan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Only 4 weeks in myself, but losing weight steadily - 2lbs per week. My $0.02; simplify your food. e.g. Porridge instead of Boxed Cereals - even if the calorie count is the same. I allow myself Canderel/Sweetner but in moderation and if plain meat+potatoes+veg is too boring I add a tiny amount of Soy Sauce or Butter. I notice I need less and less sauce as taste-buds recover from the decades-long assault of refined sugars, additives, MSG and fatty, salty foods.

Also - need to push the exercise sometimes. I just don't get a kick from 60minutes walking even if MFP gives me back a few hunderd calories. But 40minutes of walk-run-sprint intervals gets the juices flowing. Its harder, but I think (many of) us guys are built for chasing/fleeing sabre-toothed tigers!

Keep at it.