Macros

Options
Truth is..... I SUCK at this whole 40/30/30 thing! I'm constantly over on my carbs, sugar, and sodium. Even when I think I've ate really healthy for the day, nope I'm still not within my macros!! When I started this journey 7 weeks ago I thought it was just about counting calories and exercising. Then I started doing some more research and I had NO idea that there was much more involved...and honestly I'm now so overwhelmed and confused! Aaaahhhh sorry guess I just needed to vent today!!

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Why don't you open your diary so we can spy on what's making your numbers off?
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I go over on my fats all the time... but not bad fats. Its just that most vegetarian protein sources come bundled with a healthy dose of fats too. Nuts, cheese, etc. I mostly have my carbs under control now as a side effect of trying to eat enough protein.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I had to mess with mine quite a bit too. This week, I'm going to be eating less fruits and veggies (weird, I know) to see if it helps my belly issues. I have severe hypoglycemia and am needing more carbs to balance out my blood sugar.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    The only ones I really focus on is protein and fibre. I find if I make an effort to get more protein, the carbs automatically are less. Mine are not perfect and I am almost always over at least a little on my carbs but no one is perfect and I think making the effort is what matters.
  • Acaravello
    Options
    I've heard many people say that once they focus on getting more protein the carbs automatically go down. I will definitely have to give that a shot!!!
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Can someone check my diary to see if there is anything I should improve?