just getting started...

Options
MamaDee2
MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
Hi all-
I am just getting started on the paleo lifestyle and would love more friends doing this that have open diaries. Would like to see what others eat, some food/recipe ideas from others.

Thanks!

Dee

Replies

• missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend and look through my food diary. I still can't believe I eat what I do and am losing weight. (I'm really, really low carb, to the point of ketosis)

Welcome! One of the best things I've noticed about eating this way is the lack of cravings. It's a beautiful thing!
  • kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    sure thing. I will have to check to see if my diary is open. I'm not perfect paleo but working on it (day 13) so my diary will have some things that probably aren't paleo but I'm learning. I've lost 10 lbs since starting and eat such yummy food it's hard for me to believe.
  • KandiGirl31
    Options
    I'm about to start the paleo lifestyle...right now. I'm heading to my local farmers market in about 30 minutes. The first week or two might not be that great, as I'm learning how eat. I will, say, that last year I lost 55 lbs staying focused on eating 100g of carbs a day that weren't refined carbs. I took the winter off from focused diet and exercise (I ate within my calories, but ate a lot of carbs) and gained 17 pounds in 6 months. I KNOW that paleo is the only RIGHT THING for my body, so any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

I'm on a mission....Thanks in advance for advice and help.
  • CML1414
    CML1414 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am just starting Paleo/Primal tomorrow. Do you count calories on this and carbs? It seems to be a lot of extra time to have to
    do both. To start with your percentages of carbs/fats/proteins I guess you would. Anyone have some easy solutions? I also would like to be able to see others info for ideas.
  • weecdngeer
    Options
    there are others on here that are much more engaged with the paleo lifestyle than me, but for me personally, I don't really track my carbs or calories too closely. I've been recording all my food for the last couple months to keep myself honest, but I find I really don't crave anything and I'm really quite satisfied with a quite low calorie count. My carbs are high compared to many of the numbers I've seen mentioned around here, but I'm getting all of them from veg and fruit, so I'm not overly concerned.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I counted carbs and protein. Total daily calories not necessarily as important. Do make sure you are getting enough protein.
  • egrigsby1979
    Options
    My instructor at the local YMCA suggested to me to live a paleo lifestyle. I have started reading the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson and getting to understand the Primal Blueprint laws. I have already set my goals in MFP to consume 153 grams of carbs a day (suggest by my instructor.) I have only known one person who lives the paleo lifestyle and has lost close to 200 lbs within a year and a half. I am just trying to get a good start with this lifestyle and a few suggestions would be great appreciated. Thanks everyone.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The 153 seems high according to primal blueprint. He tends to say sub 100 for loss, 150 for maintenance.