WELCOME!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 42 and an about to be divorced (happily) mother of a 15yr old and 10yr old. I'm 5' 11" and have about 93lbs to lose to goal. I love the pin up look and rock the rockabilly look pencil skirt and all when going out though I am what is considered obese. My inspiration right now is Christina Hendricks.
  • teimo
    teimo Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi.. I'd have to say Jane Russell is my icon... she had an amazing figure & look.
    My partner and I are into Hotrods / rockabilly scene (although we are not purists).

We bought a 1970's caravan 7 months ago and have turned the interior into a 1950's american diner style. - looks fab!

I totally adore the 40's/50's hourglass figure & hope to get there soon.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    HI!! I just found this group and I think ITS A GREAT IDEA!! I love Marilyn Monroe ;) Ive always been a bigger girl, but I had the curves to go with it, so it took me a while to realize I got fat. =( Im starting cardio (again) with strength training (new) so hopefully I can get back to being badonkadonk ;) Good luck to everyone!
  • PandoraMoon
    Options
    Let me first start by saying I am 46, happily married, and finally at peace with my figure. It took my quite awhile and many years of my husband telling me I look great for me to actually believe it.

I choose this group because I have always had curves. Growing up in the 70's the Twiggy look was all the rage. I spent my high school years wishing I could look like that. Not to the expense of my health, thankfully. But no matter how little I ate or how much I exercised, I still had them. At only 5'2" I thought it made me look bottom heavy although my measurements are nearly perfect hour glass.

Ok, so my high school years were spent in the early 80’s, but even then thin was in!

Ironically, at that same time television was constantly playing movies from past decades and it always struck me that the women were anything but thin. They had curves! They had a waist and thighs and breasts! And they looked great. They were beautiful and glamorous and I wanted to be one of them.

At any rate…and many years later…I met the perfect guy for me. He’s a butt and thigh man! He loves my curves and although he supports my efforts to lose the ten pounds that make me feel less than beautiful (I have a closet full of clothes I cannot wear), he insists that I not diet. Instead, he motivates me to exercise. We regularly go for walks and once my stamina increases we will begin biking.

Although, honestly, he could be a little more supportive when I decide all I want for dinner is a salad while he is eating meatloaf and mashed potatoes and keep his comments about my “bird food” to a minimum. But, I guess you can’t have everything because that would be a fairy tale…and fairy tales are real…are they?

At any rate, hello to all and I look forward to giving and getting motivational help from all.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Just signed up for this group! I am a belly dancer so I don't need to be super skinny, I need to get my curves in the right place so that way I can look like the real bellydancers you see in the old movies. The ones that have the hour glass figure that looks the way a belly dancer should.
    I've been stuck for over 6 months in a 7 lb range that I can't break. I joined a gym to help with the toning so I need the support to keep me on track (my next performance, so far, is in June and I want to be heading in the right direction)
  • jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just joined, happy to see other ladies that want to be svelte, slim, and sassy, and not sticks!

I'm 31, working my way down from a high of 230lbs, down at 200 now, and slipping out of my size 14 jeans. A few more pounds and my 12s will be comfy! I'm happy with myself as a person, I'm just excited to be really working and succeeding this time at my adventure in becoming a healthier person!
  • kford9
    kford9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i'm kesha and i'm 38. i love pinups and am curvy. i need to lose this stomach to get back to my fighting size! great group!
  • Pr3ttyR3ckless
    Options
    I'm 19, 110 lbs, and my measurements are 36-24-36, my whp is 0.7, i'm just working on maintaining my current weight and hourglass shape and i think this is such a awesome idea for a group! <3 Hopefully more people will see that we all don't have to be rail thin size 0's, and here's to us all striving for that Marilyn Monroe pinup body :drinker: