Embarrassing topic

Options
After being older & having baby, the pelvic floor is very lax.... Anyone else have
problems with drinking lots of water while trying to diet? Like, going to bathroom every 15 minutes and gotta go quick when the urge hits? I know stress urinary incontinence is common, but come on...... plus it makes exercising challenging

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Replies

• sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am a peeing machine when I drink water, I have to make sure I slow down my intake by 6pm so that I don't get up 10x a night! So it's not just you. One thing that my gyn told me is that the older you get, especially after childbirth, the more you need to do the Kegel exercises.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/wo00119

Try them, see if that helps :)
  • kgibson17
    kgibson17 Posts: 23
    Options
    I had both my boys after age 36 so I understand. I agree with "sehrler" -- Kegels help. I definitely have to avoid jumping jacks unless I just went to the bathroom. Good luck!
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had my youngest child at 36 and found that kegels seriously do wonder for this (and other things!). I highly recommend them. I still have occasional "water" issues, but not very much. Really- kegels.
  • sveltemarilyn
    sveltemarilyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I kegel at stoplights. It's become a habit, and it does seem to help. I think you have to do a few hundred a day for several weeks before you'll notice much difference. Also, if it doesn't get better, there are other things your ob-gyn can recommend, including physical therapy.
  • Marcia421
    Marcia421 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The worst for me is allergy season. Have to cross my legs every time I sneeze.
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    I totally know what you're going through. Every time I get home, I'm running for the bathroom. Before long trips I know not to drink very much. My gyn told me the same thing about kegels so I really need to try the stoplight exercise.
  • tinxmo1972
    Options
    Im a mother of 5 and I hear ya:( I make sure to pee before I start exercise n if its longer than 45-55 mins i go again to prevent accicents.