clothing for tall girls

Options
do you have any favourite brand in clothing for tall sizes?

Replies

• longbird
    longbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In the UK, New Look do great jeans in 35" and 36" lengths, though they seem to been cutting back the rest of their 'Tall' range at the moment, which is very frustrating.

Would be v interested to hear of anywhere else...

Cheers

Lb
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ashley Stewart is a plus sized clothing store, kind of similar to Lane Bryant with much better prices. Their tall pants I actually have to hold up or wear heels to avoid stepping on them and I'm 6'0" tall! I think their sizes range from size 10-up!
  • cherrysevenfold
    cherrysevenfold Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alloy.com has inseams up to 37" and they have extended sizes. Super cheap, too so you can buy trendy stuff and not worry about dropping 100+ on something you might only wear for the season.
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    I am 6'2, I love New York and Co & The Buckle... those are usually my "Go To" Stores. From time to time I find clothes that fit in Target, Maruices.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    In Canada we have a store, Ricki's, that carries extra long pants (in some styles) online, which is a 36 inseam. We also have Mexx which doesn't necessarily carry tall sizes, but their pants seem to be coming in around the 35" inseam range.

We also have Long Tall Sally (it used to be Tall Girl Shop in Canada, but they merged with the UK store), unfortunately I find them to be too expensive, so I only go there for things like suits.

I have also had luck with the tall length online at Old Navy/Gap.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    I get stuff from Long Tall Sally in the UK, but in their sale. I go to the Reading store which is WAY better than their flagship London store because it doesn't get picked clean of the good stuff within 2 minutes of the sale starting!
  • MamaKeeks
    Options
    Reitmans in Canada carry long pants (34'-36' inch inseams). Nice. And they're starting to carry tall sized shirts and blouses too, so I might actually get shirts that button at my wrists and tuck into my pants! exciting! :op

Long Tall Sall is okay but yes, expensive and I find them old-ladyish... nothing too trendy or fashionable really. But their standard dress suits are okay and worth the investment.

Old Navy for jeans.

Someone pointed out I should find myself a decent tailor and just have a few good pairs of pants made for me.... likely worth the quality and investment.... not a bad idea!
  • mforsis
    Options
    Eddie Bauer used to be good for curvy pants. I have to get them on line now
  • theatre_baby
    Options
    I swear by the Buckle for my jeans- they are long and still made for girls with hips. Also had good luck at Maurices for dress pants.
  • olasmiles
    olasmiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Delia's and Alloy sell jeans with 37" inseams and the highest size is around 19, 20. The clothes are more for adolescents but the jeans are great.

I get all my jeans online, I don't bother looking in stores anymore!
  • jenjar44
    jenjar44 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2, I love New York and Co & The Buckle... those are usually my "Go To" Stores. From time to time I find clothes that fit in Target, Maruices.

I am 6'1 and I love NY & Co pants and tops too!! So long and amazing! Can even get them long enough for heels. Yoga pants from Victoria's secret and I love my special order jeans from kohls. Only 20 something bucks for amazing and super long jeans!!!
  • cwrldpc
    cwrldpc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Long Elegant Legs
    Tall and All

I am 6'1" and I usually shop the websites in the sale - clearance section. Why are tall clothes so expensive. Like 2 inches of fabric costs that much!!
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    New York and Company, The Buckle, & Some stuff at Old Navy and Maurices.. Those are the only places I basically shop
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    I am 6'2 size 14/16
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Athleta (a part of the Gap group) carries tall sizes, and the dresses are actually longer. I am 5'10" and the dresses often hit the middle to the bottom of my knees. And Urban Outfitters usually has a good selection of longer skinny jeans. The BDG brand often goes on sale.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The Limited has great pants that come in Long sizes. This is where i get all of my dress pants.
  • inferiormeatsack
    inferiormeatsack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love 7even and express jeans. I think it has to do with height and my pear shape, but they tend to fit me much better. For my I have a hard time finding tops that are not belly shirts as my torso is very long.
  • konvery
    konvery Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    www.heightgoddess.com

Jeans, dresses and apparel for tall women
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Landsend