30's Daily - 4/30

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
(lilpe5512)
(hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
(G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    Blah, Monday again. DH is home sick with a man-cold.

I'm up 2 lbs from Friday for reasons I can't understand :mad:

I re-injured my neck last night in my sleep, just when it was feeling better. :grumble: I will likely have to get a massage tomorrow to get it right. Someone comes to the office Tuesdays I think for a bit to offer that.

Not a good day so far! Someone bring in some cheer!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Cheerful thought . . . tomorrow is not Monday. :tongue:

I'm a little worried about getting in all of my exercise this week. Busy weekend ahead with my mom coming to visit and hubby playing his first real game. I certainly won't be spending 3 hours on the trails again . . . :ohwell:

Still no movement on the scale . . . and that pound I lost last week came back. Looks like it was just a fluctuation. No inches lost either. But my husband was kind enough to tell me my butt felt firmer! :laugh:

Ugh . . . work. Hope everyone has a great day! Or as good of a Monday as can be expected. :wink:
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    It's funny how Monday hate seems to be a universal thing. I know I had a lot of troubles crawling out of bed this morning. I do love this time of year though, winter tends to bum me out a little. It's no so much the cold weather but more the fact that when I leave for work in the morning it's pitch black, and when I leave it is also pitch black. So spring time is like a re-awakening. :happy:

Shorty - don't you hate it when you injury yourself in your sleep?! I've done that too, after a 9hour flight to Germany, and then another 2 hours to Croatia I passed out on my inlaws couch and literally slept for 12hours straight in the same position with my arm twisted behind me. I still have troubles with my shoulder.

I've had troubles sticking to healthy eating on the weekends. Not that I would totally pig out, more just my schedule being off. This past weekend though I did OK. Saturday I didn't skip lunch, and we only ate out once, for Sunday breakfast with friends.

My goal is to work out every day this week. 3 days of intense cardio, and 2 days light cardio and weights. I'm also going to get my 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies every day!

Hope everyones Monday's start going better.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    The only constants on thie blue/green fun marble of ours are mathematics, taxes and not liking Mondays. Mine was pretty boring today. A morning of paperwork and odds and ends and an afternoon of prep work for tomorrow. I'm well rested though so i'll hit the gym tonight and look to do an hour of cardio.
    This mornings weigh in was low loss wise but i was expecting that. 900 grams is still a loss which is the main thing. I'll be looking to switch things at the gym soon. Leaving behind the heavy cardio and starting on the weights and the muscle gain. Well that's the plan. I'm lucky in that my trainer looks on me as a science experiment!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    MONDAY!! I had to be at work 30 mins early :grumble: to get a head start on my month end work. The guys worked Saturday so it will be a heavy billing day! I'm going to be all over the AR person cause she moves every slow :grumble: and I can't close the month out until she completes the billing!!:sad:

Other than that everything is great. My knee feels better, the kids are not acting up and the dogs didn't tear anything up in the middle of the night!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    morning, everyone!

well, i'm not going to be working out today - i've somehow injured the top of my foot, and my calf muscles are screaming at me. i suppose it was trying to spin around barefoot during my drunken dancing revery at my friend's wedding on saturday. i may not even go to tap tonight! but hopefully it will feel better by tomorrow - i'm giving it a day off for now.

my monday's been pretty cool. someone in the history department at my husband's school was going to be surplussed and they found out today who it was. not my husband. so i'll pass some of my monday-happy-dance vibes your way - figuratively, of course, since my foot won't actually be participating...!

hope everyone has a great day!
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Monday monday monday...

My body is very sore from my first real extended baseball practice in years. It is a "good sore" i can feel i was using my muscles for a change. Feels even better than those weekends of doing yard work. The down side, i think i may have really hurt my shoulder. Old rotator cuff from years back... I had ice on y shoulder so long my skin froze.

I found some exercises that i can do during the week to strengthen those 4 little muscles in my arm... now if i can cut the time out of my day to get them done.

My wife is working harder than ever, cheating less and getting more flustered at the lack of measurable results. She looks better and feels better, but as someone who deals in spreadsheets for 40 hours a week, she need to be able to chart it to believe it. I am proud of all her hard work, and hope she feels less discouraged as i attempt to reassure her.

...and i want chicken wings.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Monday monday monday...

My body is very sore from my first real extended baseball practice in years. It is a "good sore" i can feel i was using my muscles for a change. Feels even better than those weekends of doing yard work. The down side, i think i may have really hurt my shoulder. Old rotator cuff from years back... I had ice on y shoulder so long my skin froze.

I found some exercises that i can do during the week to strengthen those 4 little muscles in my arm... now if i can cut the time out of my day to get them done.

My wife is working harder than ever, cheating less and getting more flustered at the lack of measurable results. She looks better and feels better, but as someone who deals in spreadsheets for 40 hours a week, she need to be able to chart it to believe it. I am proud of all her hard work, and hope she feels less discouraged as i attempt to reassure her.

...and i want chicken wings.

Mr The Smurf, you are a good man and i hope you get those chicken wings.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Yep, Monday's suck, esp the last Monday of the month, b/c I have LOTS of paperwork to get done at work! Proud to say with the help of coffee, it all got turned in on time this morning! Well, my candy order was like 20 minutes late, but that happens when customers start flowing in....Speaking of customers, my first customer of the day was such a B#$&*!!! Not the way I wanted to start the day! She made me so angry! Anyways, I have some work still I have to do, just don't feel like doing it, so I'm sitting here writing!! LOL! Really tired and hungry, which seems to be the daily trend now! Lastnight, I got home from work around 6:45 and past out and got up at 10pm! Yeah, didn't work out like I planned. Watched new show, "Client List" on Lifetime and then back to sleep again around 1am! Somehow, I can never take just a short little nap anymore, it always turns into hours!

Anyone have any ideas to what they would like this weeks challenge to be???

Susie- seems like you have a very sweet hubby!

Bishop Smurf- awww so sweet!

The scale hasn't been moving in the right direction for me either!

Shorty- it always amazes me how we can injure ourselves while sleeping! hope your neck feels better soon!

Well, I guess I procrastinated long enough, I am going to try and get more work done...I'll probably be back again soon! lol! :laugh:
  • shorty313
    Options
    Can we get a pinned list at the top with people's first names perhaps? I keep forgetting!

Despite the neck pain I attempted my run - the first 2 miles were fine, but the last one my calves were so sore I kept starting and stopping. I should have called it interval training! :laugh: I think my legs are just tired from the hills on Sat. I decided better to walk that risk injury, since my neck/back is already jacked, I can't have my legs go out too!

Smurf - I've charted everything too, trying to analyze every bit of data. So I feel Susan's pain, since this week I'm having scale INCREASES for no good reason :grumble: It's terrific you are so supportive! 'Good' sore feels so right, doesn't it? When is your first game?

Blue - I have no ideas for a challenge, as I'm inherently lazy by nature :blushing:

Chan - heal up that foot!
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Challenge is up. Sorry for the delays. My west coast schedule means you can expect to see the new challenge by 3:00 pm EST. Sorry Paul you will just have to guess wildly at what it will be for the day. :-) I think the three tier total exercise minutes challenge is going to be a permanent part of the challenge. At least for me, it really pushed me forward this week! Let me know if you think the minutes need to be adjusted at all.

Debbie & Susie - I had a similar disappointment this week. Weigh in today had me up a pound. I am trying to take it in stride knowing that I worked hard on exercise this last week.

Amanda - We can be weekend focus buddies! I didn't track from Friday through Sunday though I was trying to be a little good (and sometimes succeeding). My personal Challenge goal for this week is to track daily as honestly as possible.

Paul - Your fancy metric system is not fooling me! I'll take your ~2lb loss if you don't want it. ;-)

lilpe5512 - Did you have exercise totals from last week you wanted to report to the challenge? Also, maybe a nickname we could use for you?

Stacy - Sorry you won't be joyfully dancing this week. :-( Hope your foot feels better soon!

BishopSmurf - Chicken wings are my weakness! So glad I don't know where to get good ones around here. Also, you are clearly in the running to win most supportive partner in the 30s!

**I'll add in a list of peoples names at the top.

Ok, be back later. May your Monday be short and uneventful!

Sara Grace
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Made it through month-end with choking my AR person but now I have headache. Going to take a quick nap b4 the gym tonight.
  • BishopSmurf
    Options
    I'm not supportive enough to go to Zumba. :laugh:
  • susieq101178
    Options

I don't know that everyone is familiar with our poor friend JR's Zumba debacle . . .

And Debbie, BishopSmurf is technically Todd, but he goes by many other monikers . . . Bishop does happen to be the most frequently used. :tongue:
  • BishopSmurf
    Options

I don't know that everyone is familiar with our poor friend JR's Zumba debacle . . .

And Debbie, BishopSmurf is technically Todd, but he goes by many other monikers . . . Bishop does happen to be the most frequently used. :tongue:

I respond to many things:
    Todd
    Bishop
    T-Dizzel
    Tizzel
    *kitten*
    Toad
    Tiddels
    Poo-face
    R2-Dad-2

...But Todd or Bishop are the most common.
  • susieq101178
    Options

I respond to many things:
    Todd
    Bishop
    T-Dizzel
    Tizzel
    *kitten*
    Toad
    Tiddels
    Poo-face
    R2-Dad-2

...But Todd or Bishop are the most common.

You forgot Toddles . . .
  • susieq101178
    Options
    And Benny . . . I forget the full version of that one . . .