Silly Phase 3 Observations

Options
Mira710
Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
I love cookieta76's post about silly phase 1 observations, so I thought I'd note some observations about phase 3 while I remember =) I've only done 9, 10, and cardio 3 so far.

1. Sari is at it again. This time, Jillian has her up front quite a bit. She keeps making silly faces and screaming. When she makes silly noises, watch the faces of the other people-- you can totally see Kenta roll his eyes in WO 10.

2. I used to like Lana, but not anymore. She does everything half a$$ed. She uses light weights ALL the time and doesn't do full squats, etc. If I have to do it, lady, SO DO YOU!

3. In Phase 3, even the people in the video (who are in the sickest of shape) have trouble with some of these moves. It makes me feel better about struggling myself. Everyone is so much sweatier in Phase 3. When the guys don't wear shirts, you can see puddles of sweat on the floor. And the ladies... let's just say they should wear black shorts instead of gray...

4. Rock 'n Roll Squats are crazy! (I'm not talking about the jumps-- I'm talking about the squats/rolls w/ a jump) Can anyone actually do those?

5. Mimi is still hilarious!

6. David's rockstar jumps/ cannon balls are so high! I can't believe a man that large can jump that high!

7. My legs feel like Jello after Cardio 3.

Please add more to this list!

Replies

• cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't have any to add ( since I'm not on P3 yet) but now I've totally got some stuff to check out once I get there! I love previews, even when it's stuff like this. :smile:
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    lana kills me in workout 11. she picks up the lightest weights and jillian just stands there until she gets heavier weights.

in workout 11 during the warm-up, teri ann starts doing dive bombers instead of down dog thrusters. i also liked teri ann at first because she seemed like she was really trying and it was really difficult, but in phase 3, she just halfway does it. i think that's why jillian picks on her a lot, too.

natalie used to be awesome, but sometimes she just doesn't do it. in workout 12 while doing wheel pushups, she's just kind of lying on her shoulders with her butt in the air - she's not even really in wheel!!

oh and i hate how crappy all the girls' form is during the bear walks in workout 11. they don't even lift their butts.

i love how anita can't do the cable pushups because anita is AWESOME. when anita is modifying, i don't feel bad about modifying!
  • Stardam
    Stardam Posts: 4
    Options
    In the 2nd circuit of cardio 3, Jillian leaves out jump squats and twisting high knees. It actually helps me get through the video because I HATE those moves so it helps to know I only have to do them twice!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just did workout 11 and I'm so happy that Lana got called out about using light weights! When Jillian yelled, "I said HEAVY weights! Do you need glasses?!" I cheered!

Also, I love that Natalie says the Sh- word during wo 11.
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    I am about to move on to phase three on monday so I've had a look at the workouts. In workout 11, Omar and Ken's scorpion push ups are so hot! They get their feet right to the floor
  • focobaby
    focobaby Posts: 8
    Options
    here is a silly observation, but i think the music in wo 12 is sooo cheesy!! it was almost distracting the first time i heard it because it was so ridiculous!
  • lchapoton
    lchapoton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    And what is up with wheel pushups? I find them impossible. Just impossible.
    I thought Lana half-a$$ed it all the way through, which is why she is normally in the back. Love me some Anita, that girl is AWESOME.
    And I usually love Natalie, but she is doing a lot of standing around in 12.

But seriously, though. Wheel pushups?
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    here is a silly observation, but i think the music in wo 12 is sooo cheesy!! it was almost distracting the first time i heard it because it was so ridiculous!

Oh I hate music in workout 12 - it's this romantic thing that I don't want to hear while exercising my butt off :)
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't rememer whichphase 3 disk this was from, but we just get done doing someting on our mat, and then the camera is on Omar and he is just staring into the camera for a while. It is weird!
  • FitBrunette
    FitBrunette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What is it with Mimi during down dog thrusters (I think thats what they're called) in the 3rd circuit of Cardio 3? She sounds like shes having sex or something, lol. I even noticed Anita turn around afterwards and look at the people behind her and they react at her by smiling like, "What the hell?". It's so distracting and gives me such second hand embarrassment, like stop it!

Anyone else notice it?

And yes, the music in the beginning of Workout 12 lacks motivation. It's just too slow and doesn't fit.
  • hiitrocks
    Options
    Lmao I didn't notice about Mimi till you said!!!
    The last cardio circuit on workout 12 really cracks me up...the hopping plyos....Jillian is walking around and says
    "last one, last one right here....(they all stop what they are doing)....last cardio circuit!" When she realises she bursts out laughing...she meant last cardio circuit, not last hop. They haven't done the full minute but she just lets it go
  • FitBrunette
    FitBrunette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    lol I noticed that too. I was surprised she didn't make them keep going.

Something else I noticed at the end of Workout 12 is when everyone gathers around Jillian and high fives each other, only Natalie acknowledges Sari (Suri? Chari? Loud look at me! workout girl) Everyone else disses her and leaves her with her hands up in the air lol She even high fives the air at one point, it's so bad. Even my husband said "that's messed up". Aaaawkward.
  • KellyH2012
    KellyH2012 Posts: 14
    Options
    In the 2nd circuit of cardio 3, Jillian leaves out jump squats and twisting high knees. It actually helps me get through the video because I HATE those moves so it helps to know I only have to do them twice!
    I thought she left something out lol! I just thought that my brain wasn't working right because I was getting so worn out and I couldn't remember if I did those or not lol!!!!
  • hiitrocks
    Options
    Ha I thought I was imagining Sari doing that! I love Jillian and Omars body bump at the end!!!
    lol I noticed that too. I was surprised she didn't make them keep going.

Something else I noticed at the end of Workout 12 is when everyone gathers around Jillian and high fives each other, only Natalie acknowledges Sari (Suri? Chari? Loud look at me! workout girl) Everyone else disses her and leaves her with her hands up in the air lol She even high fives the air at one point, it's so bad. Even my husband said "that's messed up". Aaaawkward.
  • mayday1969
    Options
    Oh, poor Sari. LOL. That would totally be me. The loser no one want to high five. Maybe that is why I like her so much, she's the odd duck out.
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so I can read through these later.
  • katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I heard on Jillian's podcast that they record 3 different workouts in a single day--and they have to do each workout 3 times each, plus retakes. That means everyone in the video is doing 9 of the Body Revolution workouts in a SINGLE DAY. So, I say let's give them all some slack. :-)
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ouch - no wonder they look spent.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    I heard on Jillian's podcast that they record 3 different workouts in a single day--and they have to do each workout 3 times each, plus retakes. That means everyone in the video is doing 9 of the Body Revolution workouts in a SINGLE DAY. So, I say let's give them all some slack. :-)

Well that just deflated the air in my ego. I would think "these people are sweating too, WOW!" well no wonder---they did 9 times the work I did!
  • mayday1969
    Options
    If that is true, they do an AMAZING job editing. I've been looking for some weird editing slip ups, but haven't found any yet. Maybe they just use the whole best set of the 3 they taped.