PHASE 2 WORKOUTS 7 & 8 (start 4/30)

Options
rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
Thought I'd start an updated thread for Workouts 7 & 8.....

First day of Workout 7 in a few minutes.......:cry::cry: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I look forward to hearing your review :). I started week 6 this morning...so I'm just a week away from workout 7...
  • court122383
    Options
    I'm starting my week 2 on 7 and 8 today!
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    Options
    My arms! My abs! My arms!

But as much as I find them to be torture, I also love workouts 7 & 8. I started my second week of them this morning, and I'm amazed at how much stronger I seem to have gotten in just one week.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm starting workout 7 & 8 this week. Very excited to move on!!
  • mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    Options
    I'll start 7 on wednesday! excited but heard they are killer! :)
  • rosied915
    Options
    OK~ all done~ for the most part I liked it~ a lot of "plank things" and "push up" things.

I am also reading NROL4W and in there they give you several different ways to do push ups (at different heights so it's less on your wrists-like using a bench) so I did some of the pushup moves using the seat of my kitchen chairs and, as long as you have good form, you'll still feel it.

I will also note for future NROLers that a LOT of the moves in JM BR are in theirs! (who stole whose?? Hee Hee):tongue:

OVERALL~ I think I'm gonna make it!:blushing:
  • gunchik
    gunchik Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just completed workout 7 for the first time, and I have to say that I am disappointed. Don't know whether in the workout or myself: got a low kcal burn (269kcal), barely broke a sweat, but the problem is that I just can't do many of the moves. Wherever push-ups are involved - I just can't do them, even the modified crow push-ups are mission impossible for me. I didn't like that almost the whole workout was on the floor, my heart rate wasn't up. I love lunges and squats, and deadlifts(I really enjoyed workouts 5&6) ; stuff that makes me sweat like crazy. Hopefully, workout 8 is going to be more to my liking. But what can I do, gonna have to push through anyway!
  • rosied915
    Options
    Just completed workout 7 for the first time, and I have to say that I am disappointed. Don't know whether in the workout or myself: got a low kcal burn (269kcal), barely broke a sweat, but the problem is that I just can't do many of the moves. Wherever push-ups are involved - I just can't do them, even the modified crow push-ups are mission impossible for me. I didn't like that almost the whole workout was on the floor, my heart rate wasn't up. I love lunges and squats, and deadlifts(I really enjoyed workouts 5&6) ; stuff that makes me sweat like crazy. Hopefully, workout 8 is going to be more to my liking. But what can I do, gonna have to push through anyway!

I did a LOT of the "floor" work against the seat of a kitchen chair~ my wrists are a BIG problem and as I said earlier, it was recommended in NROL4W to use a "prop" to elevate yourself if you had a hard time with pushups.

Give it a try~ don't forget if you skip or half-do the moves, your burn will not be that high.....I'm 200 pds and got 153 for Workout 7...but I modified, soooo......
  • gunchik
    Options

I did a LOT of the "floor" work against the seat of a kitchen chair~ my wrists are a BIG problem and as I said earlier, it was recommended in NROL4W to use a "prop" to elevate yourself if you had a hard time with pushups.

Thanks for the advice, I actually happen to have that book at home, will look into the modified push-ups!
  • jmmscccslp
    jmmscccslp Posts: 42
    Options

But as much as I find them to be torture, I also love workouts 7 & 8. I started my second week of them this morning, and I'm amazed at how much stronger I seem to have gotten in just one week.

So happy to hear this because after my first time on workout 7 I was dying! Wow that was hard for me! Hoping I feel like you in a week!
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I did workout 7 for the first time last night and this is how I'm feeling this morning. Abs & arms - youch!
    All the plank/push up moves are very hard.

My question is on the boat pose - can anyone do these without almost tipping over to either side? I don't know whether I should be sitting on, above or below my tailbone. If I'm above it, I feel like I have too much of my back on the floor. If I'm below it, I feel like I'm sitting up too much. If I'm on it - forget it, I tip over! Any suggestions?

Looking forward to 8 tonight.
  • natvanessa
    Options
    Did workout 7 last night. It was killer! But, I was also disappointed that I didn't burn as many calories as the prior workouts. I think part of it was I was watching a lot of the moves before I dove in and started. My heart rate barely crept up, but I was exhausted at the end.

Curious to see how workout 8 is tonight.

Oh and about the boat pose, I didn't seem to tip over when I sat right on my tailbone. I guess it's a balance thing.
  • lalfaro01
    lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The first circuit of workout 7 is definitely a challenge for me! Not so much the plank moves but the pushups. I can't do a decent "real" pushup and now I can't even do the modified ones because of how bad my knees have gotten :(.
  • rosied915
    Options
    Workout 8 today~ I liked it~ and I actually think I'm getting stronger!! However........

There was some kind of a "jump up from laying your stomach thing" that I just didn't do~ I'm not doing it.....no one can make me......

I'm not.....
  • HannahPTA
    HannahPTA Posts: 39
    Options
    Workout 8 today~ I liked it~ and I actually think I'm getting stronger!! However........

There was some kind of a "jump up from laying your stomach thing" that I just didn't do~ I'm not doing it.....no one can make me......

I'm not.....
    [/quote)

I know what you mean...I did do the jump up but it certainly was not the cool looking surfer stance Jillian had. I was happy I made it up to my feet and back down to the floor.
  • HayNakuKendi
    Options
    Workout 7 was definitely difficult. I agree about all the floor work (planks and push-ups). I love working with weights and cables but feel so frustrated when it comes to the yoga moves. I was hoping to see more modifications. The oblique pushup was pretty impossible for me so I just did some oblique crunches after a few more unsuccessful attempts. Brutal.

Workout 8 today. Oh my.
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I liked a lot about workout 8. (I wish I could remember the names of some of the moves...)

Proud that I was able to handle all of the torture tubes moves!
    Like the pendulum lunge move with weights (forward, hold, back, hold, forward, back, hold, etc....)
    And the side lunge/twist one. Whenever she said use your 3's I had to use 5's because I have 1's and then 5's - no in-between.
    I COULD BARELY DO the move where you switch into the position where your back leg is out behind you and you're holding your weights out in front of you. I used my 5's and actually put one down. Yikes!
    I also like the bicycle thing with the cables - not bad.

All in all it was a good break from 7 - my abs and triceps are still aching!

Cardio party tomorrow! :happy:
  • gunchik
    Options
    Workout 8 was nice - much better than W7. With the exception of warrior 3 + weights: i just physically can't stretch my arms out in that position; when I was doing Insanity and during the stretch Shaun said to do a flat back with 'biceps by the ears', I couldn't do it.
    The problem is - I'm not losing anything; on the contrary, I've gained more than an inch around my waist, my pants are getting tighter and tighter, although I maintain a 500kcal deficit every day. It's so frustrating, I don't really know what I'm doing wrong.
  • natvanessa
    Options
    I did Workout 8 yesterday and I really enjoyed it. So much better than workout 7!!.

The only trouble I had was that surfer move too. I have never done that before and somehow it made my wrists hurt. Maybe I'm doing it wrong??

I also did Cardio 2 after workout 8 last night, and tonight I'm doing workout 7 again as I won't have any time to workout tomorrow.(modifying the schedule a little bit but I think it'll be ok)
  • gunchik
    Options
    Completed workout 7 for the 2nd time. It was much better. My shoulders and hamstrings have been aching the whole week, so good :D