Joining In!

mialegg
mialegg Posts: 23 Member
Hey,

This is my first day at myfitnesspal. I am usually a Weight Watchers follower, but lately I've been wanting something different and my sister suggested I try this so here I am! I've already been doing the Shred for a week, but I wanted to join a group so I make sure to keep it up. It really does work, but sometimes around the third level I start to lose my momentum and I want to truly do all 30 days. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• charlottehammerton
    charlottehammerton Posts: 19 Member
    Hello, I would like to join in too please!
    I have already started (just) after reading about the DVD on MFP, I ordered for £5 and am on day 4.
    I think i could do with some help keeping it up! I would like to attempt to do it in one go, but will see how it goes, I am really aching now and unsure after watching level 3 how I would complete it! I do worry that I am not doing the exercises correctly so am trying to concentrate on doing them right, I find the final stomach bicycling exercise a killer - will i be able to do this at the end of day 10? If i still find level 1 really hard at day 10 do i continue for a while longer or just move up a level?
    It will be good to find out how everyone else finds it.
  • langsokkur
    langsokkur Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I hope it's ok that I join you :)

I'm new to MFP, but not to losing some pounds.

I plan to do 30DS in 6 weeks, do it Monday-Friday. I've already done my first week, so I'll be finishing up level 1 this friday :)
  • kdenny2
    kdenny2 Posts: 21 Member
    Would love to join. I will be doing this along with walking and 6 week 6 pack 3-4 times a week
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    So excited to have you all!!! I can't wait to get started. I will also be walking 3-4 times a week. I know we can all stick to it with some support! Just remember it is only 27 minutes a day :smile:
  • I started 6 week 6 pack this morning and also couch potato to 5k. I will do those every other day and do 30 DS every Monday-Friday. I will be doing a 2 mile walk every day - gotta walk the puppy. I'm glad to have support to start this thing ... I just hope this time I am able to finish it! :)
  • ElijahsMom08
    ElijahsMom08 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm new to myfitnesspal and a huge fan of the 30 day shred. Jillian Michaels sure knows how to whip someone into shape. Anyways, I'm here for support and motivation to continue to stick through this. I've done the 30DS before and lost 10 pounds, unfortunately I didn't stick with my exercising afterwards and gained some of that weight back. I really want to make this apart of my lifestyle and hope you guys and myfitnesspal, along with my desire to be a healthy, happy and active individual will keep me on track long past the 30 day shred! I look forward to hearing all of your updates and seeing my own progress on this journey! I started my 30dayshred today. OUCH!!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Jumping in to join the group, and starting in today.
    Feel free to add me to your friends list if you like~
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    I am looking fwd to this!!! I so need the motivation to keep me going. I too end up giving up and not following thru.
  • Hey all

I've had 30DS in my cupboard since January and have never used it! I'm hoping joining this group will motivate me.
    I will attempt to do the workout at least 5 days/week.
    Hopefully we can all motivate each other :-)
  • mirandasullivan85
    mirandasullivan85 Posts: 13 Member
    I am going to start this today. I got the DVD. I joined this to help with motivation. I have a million excuses, but I'm ready to get healthy. I feel like this will be a great way to kick off some major weight loss! Here we go!!
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm so in! If you're looking for support feel free to add me as a friend!
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Hi, everyone! Today is Day 4 of L1 for me, but I'm taking a rest day each week, so I should be pretty much on schedule with the rest of you :smile:
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Hi. Just started today along with some weights and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I also have 6 week 6 pack which I'm debating on starting. Love the support!
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi,

Id love to join, I will have to do it over the 6 weeks as I do live In care work a couple of days a week so i can't fit it in then, but can around my other shifts :)
  • vacationnut
    vacationnut Posts: 8 Member
    Count me in!
  • alyrie
    alyrie Posts: 22 Member
    My Dvd arrived a day early! Just finished day one....goodness! 29 more to go :P
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    My Dvd arrived a day early! Just finished day one....goodness! 29 more to go :P

Just remember to take it one day at a time and you'll get there before you know it.

So, how are you doing it? I can't decide if I want to do the 30 days straight, (after all, it's only 30 min I should be able to squeeze in a workout on weekends as crazy as they get), M-F take weekends off, do each level and then take a break .... I just don't want to over do it and not be able to complete the program YET AGAIN!!!
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    I'm in! I've done this DVD from time to time to get some calories burned, but never done it for the shred! This month, it's gonna shredding!! Good luck everyone! We are closing on our new home later this month and with it comes a pool! So I am definitely motivated to get this done!!
  • sweetness48
    sweetness48 Posts: 61
    Hey everyone! I'm so looking forward to doing the 30DS! I have had the DVD for months but have yet to try it. Thinking if I have some motivation and support I'll be able to get through it! Just finished Level 1 Day 1. Holy! That's a workout! Proof I really need to work on my strength and core! Haha! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and motivate you all along the way! :)
  • alyrie
    alyrie Posts: 22 Member

Just remember to take it one day at a time and you'll get there before you know it.

So, how are you doing it? I can't decide if I want to do the 30 days straight, (after all, it's only 30 min I should be able to squeeze in a workout on weekends as crazy as they get), M-F take weekends off, do each level and then take a break .... I just don't want to over do it and not be able to complete the program YET AGAIN!!!
    I am planning on plowing through and doing it for 30 days straight.