Starting today-any advice

Options
dulcemiel
dulcemiel Posts: 48 Member
HI, I just got my order in. Im excited and a bit nervous to start. I love Jillian but she does intimidate me a bit. Was wondering from those that have been doing this, or even if you are just starting like me, if you have any suggestions, advice, warnings etc. Thanks!

Replies

• WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi i started this today feel free to friend request me as for advice and that sorry i havent got any yet xx
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 6. My advice is, no matter what, just push play every day (except for your rest day). Remember to do "your best" and not to feel bad if you can't do the moves exactly how the individuals do in the video. In fact, I would just keep a conscious eye on what you can and can't do and then watch for how much stronger you feel with every video. It's only 30 minutes (give or take a minute). Do your best and Jillian will do the rest :) (o.k., that was cheesy, but you get the point)...lol.
  • dulcemiel
    dulcemiel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will do. I have faith in her, I know her meal plans really work. My husband lost 30lbs never exercising just following the meals. So Im sure I just got to do it.
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    As Jillian says "just show up!" You can do it! I started Week 5 yesterday and I swear I feel like a total BAD A** when my workout is over!!! I am loving my arm definition and I have ABS!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Jillian!!! :love:
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    TAKE 'BEFORE' PICTURES!!
  • danyeld619
    danyeld619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! It will seem tough but it's only thirty minutes. You'll feel great after you workout everyday! I started week 3 today and I'm loving the changes I am seeing so far! Good luck :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    TAKE 'BEFORE' PICTURES!!

I second this!! And take your measurements!

Also just keep reminding yourself that you CAN do this! Some of the moves will challenge you beyond what you think you're capable of doing so don't beat yourself up over it. Just do the best you can and be proud of yourself for finishing every workout!
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    Options
    TAKE 'BEFORE' PICTURES!!

I second this!! And take your measurements!

Also just keep reminding yourself that you CAN do this! Some of the moves will challenge you beyond what you think you're capable of doing so don't beat yourself up over it. Just do the best you can and be proud of yourself for finishing every workout!

I agree with all of this - I'm so glad I took pictures and measurements!

Just try your best at each and every workout. You'll be amazed at how quickly you improve. I'm in week 8 right now, and I can't believe how much easier #7 and #8 are than they were last week.

Good luck, and definitely add some other JMBR people as friends. I love hearing about everyone's successes, and commiserating when we hit a new hard week. Having the support of friends who know what I'm going through has been so nice!
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes - take your measurements and some pictures as comparison. DO NOT weigh yourself too soon or too often - some of us have been a bit discouraged that the scales aren't moving as quickly as we'd anticipated. Bear in mind that you are going to lose fat and you are going to tighten up and build up some muscle which make the weightloss seem slow.