How do you keep yourself motivated?

popat89
popat89 Posts: 83 Member
I've tried the shred before - but never got through it! I always start to get bored with the video or lose motivation during the video it self.

So to keep myself distracted and motivated I turn on a TV show I love, pop the DVD in my laptop with the volume down. I watch TV while I work through the DVD. It goes by WAY faster while I'm watching TV and I push myself harder because I'm not thinking about how my heart is pounding like crazy.

What are your tips and tricks?

Replies

• janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    After I have done the workouts a few times and I can anticipate what's coming...I just turn the volume down and turn the radio way up. It makes it faster for sure. And you don't want to choke Jillian that much by the end. Lol
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    After I have done the workouts a few times and I can anticipate what's coming...I just turn the volume down and turn the radio way up. It makes it faster for sure. And you don't want to choke Jillian that much by the end. Lol

I definitely do this, Ive made a playlist of dance/diva songs that I love to boogie to in the clubs and I play them loudly in my room while Im doing the shred. When Im listening to that music, I think of myself all dressed up and dancing in the club and how I want to look and feel when I go out and it definitely makes me want to workout harder when I get that feeling! It also helps the session to go faster...if that's even possible since its only 20 mins anyways!! haha

What also helps with motivation is the fact that the shred is split up into 3 levels so its a mini goal to complete each set of 10 days. It's less daunting than looking at all the 30days together. That's what I love about this DVD!
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Great tips! I like the idea of thinking about it in 10 day increments rather than 30 days... Everything is more manageable one day at a time :)
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    Great tips! I like the idea of thinking about it in 10 day increments rather than 30 days... Everything is more manageable one day at a time :)

Agreed!