Welcome aboard everyone...
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    just joined, now to put it on the phone
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I joined the group. Now I must amp up the miles so I don't look like a slacker. This week I'll be signing up for my first century ride (flat course but usually high winds) scheduled for June but I'm looking for one a bit sooner. I can't wait to put the weight loss and training to the test. Thanks for setting up the group and thanks for letting us know.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about "having" to get the miles in - we're more of a "social" bike club - anything from the big Rouleurs and silly mileages, to the Grimpeurs who love their Sportifs and Gran Fondos, all the way to people like me that potter around the local lanes at a less than breakneck speed are welcome...
  • fireguy286
    fireguy286 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just joined. Great idea. Happy riding.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Welcome Aboard everyone.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Every time I"ve tried to use Strava on my phone my it cuts out mid ride. I carry my phone in my back jersey pocket, but go through some pretty out of the way areas with lots of trees. I think it just drops the GPS, any suggestions on fixes for this?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    My mobile loses contact with the GPS stations (usually under tree cover) much more often than my Garmin 705 does to be honest - I think it's just an issue of space in the mobile phones - there's not enough room to get a decent high gain GPS aerial within the phone body, in addition to all the other aerials (the GSM cellular stuff, plus bluetooth, WiFi et al...) So - I tend to use the Garmin as my prime reference, and just record on the mobile as a belt-and-braces solution in case something goes wrong with the Garmin - usually "user failure" - i.e. I forget to start the damned thing logging :laugh:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Anyone still doing this? My husband just got me into Strava.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Yup, we're all still on it... We're busy doing the TdF challenge at the moment; check it out in 'Century Rides' group :wink:
  • phil85207
    phil85207 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been with Strava for some time now, here is my link

http://app.strava.com/athletes/161412
  • david2joh
    david2joh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just Joined in. Thanks for starting the group.
    I use MyTracks on the phone for logging but
    apparently the Strava website allows me to
    upload the GPX directly.
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Signed up myself

Love strava
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What??? No leg shaving??? No thanks then!
    http://www.bicycling.com/training-nutrition/training-fitness/why-do-cyclists-shave-their-legs

Just kidding :)

I actually have a the Motoactv watch. Can I upload the CSV files into Strava?
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Going to give Strava another try, but now you guys will know my real name (Nikki from WV) 'cause I can't figure out how to change it to not40yet.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    glad this got bumped up. I think I will give it a shot
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Finally joined! Everyone's distances are so impressive.
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Every time I"ve tried to use Strava on my phone my it cuts out mid ride. I carry my phone in my back jersey pocket, but go through some pretty out of the way areas with lots of trees. I think it just drops the GPS, any suggestions on fixes for this?
    I'm having the same issue, just not going to use strava to track anymore. Anyone know how to upload my tracks from my Timex Ironman Global Trainer /Training peaks account?
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I don't use the Strava app, I use Cyclemeter on my iPhone, then export the .tcx file and e-mail it to myself, then upload it as a file to Strava from my computer. :wink:

Works for me!