Biceps 18.5 18
Thigh 33 32.5
Calf 19 19.3

Argh my waist and hips went up ./sigh

Replies

• runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You're probably bloated right now from sodium/water retention from that pizza yesterday! (I thought I saw that in a previous post of yours.) Give it time, and check again in a week when you haven't just had a high sodium day. (:
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    You're probably bloated right now from sodium/water retention from that pizza yesterday! (I thought I saw that in a previous post of yours.) Give it time, and check again in a week when you haven't just had a high sodium day. (:

^^^^^This
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    It looks like you dropped measurements in a few places...I have decided to take my measurements on Wed that way an weekend indulgences may not affected them as much. Maybe you should try again in a few days!
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I went up 2 inches in waist and almost 2 in hips, and 3 in bust. Now a week later my bust is back down 3 and my hips/waist are down 2.5.

Just keep with it. I think you started right around same time I did ? (4/9)
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I know, people keep saying you probably went down in inches even though the scale went up. I didn`t my waist and hips also went up.

Everyone just keeps saying you have to keep at it longer. Someday we will be the ones posting our measurements in the success stories.

For now I can`t look at them. I feel like a failure again! Just tryin to have hope to get me through this. There has to be an end to it sometime. We know our TDEE and we we know our calories. Our bodies will start working with us. Two weeks for you, One month for me, eventually we will even out.

I just hope I still have some clothes that fit me then!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    It looks like you dropped measurements in a few places...I have decided to take my measurements on Wed that way an weekend indulgences may not affected them as much. Maybe you should try again in a few days!

Ya I am gonna do this.

On a side note, I didnt get to do insanity tonight but I absolutely destroyed the weights :) That was some anger taken out on the poor little weights
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I didnt get to do insanity tonight but I absolutely destroyed the weights :) That was some anger taken out on the poor little weights

That's the spirit. Two weeks is too soon. Six weeks is more like it. Kill those weights, hit that protein and believe. That's my mantra. And it appears to be working.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Keep at it....you can do this. Just a couple of notes on your diary though...most days your sodium appears to be way over. Try to keep it to 2500 or less....less is better. As well, switch to a healthier nut for protein than peanuts...almonds or cashews (unsalted) Sandwich meats (coldcuts) contain nitrates...really high in sodium. If you could cook up fresh chicken or another lean meat and use that instead you may see a difference! Good luck on your journey.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Keep at it....you can do this. Just a couple of notes on your diary though...most days your sodium appears to be way over. Try to keep it to 2500 or less....less is better. As well, switch to a healthier nut for protein than peanuts...almonds or cashews (unsalted) Sandwich meats (coldcuts) contain nitrates...really high in sodium. If you could cook up fresh chicken or another lean meat and use that instead you may see a difference! Good luck on your journey.

And if you use Perdue Chicken products get the "Fit and Easy" line if you can~ some Perdue products are injected with a salt solution to make them more tender!! Perdue Perfect Portions is a "perfect" example of this~ nearly 3 times the sodium of other chicken breasts!!

And 2 weeks is WAAAY too soon to make a decision on how this is going~ you HAVE lost inches and that means you lost FAT!!

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!

It's only gonna get you down......
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.

I gotta watch any nuts I eat other than peanuts as I am allergic to almonds and walnuts. So i get nervous lol.

I started today attempting to cut out Sodium out, forgoing the lunch meats. Thats where most of my sodium (other than the 4 eggs I eat in the mornings). comes from.

It is VERY difficult to avoid sodium when you are eating 3100 calories :(

I am working on Salads and chicken today to see how that goes while staying inside my targets.
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Well to update, I did remeasure myself today and to compare my results

Body Part - 4/17/12 4/30/12
    Neck 19.8 19.4
    Waist 46 46.5
    Hips 51.5 52.25
    Biceps 18.5 18
    Thigh 33 32.5
    Calf 19 19.3

Body Part - 5/2/12
    Neck - 19
    Waist - 45.25
    Hips - 51
    Biceps - 18
    Thigh - 32
    Calf - 19.13

So i retract my statement.....I am losing some inches hahah :)

I am gonna start doing measurements Friday mornings so as to not get the massive fluctuation of water weight if I cheat on the weekend

Oh ya, scale is down .8lbs from my lowest...so not much movement but things seem to be shrinking :)
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Those are great results for only 2 weeks!
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    Awesome! I forgot to measure this morning, so maybe Friday morning will work better for me as well. If I see changes maybe it will motivate me to stay on track over the weekend!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.

I gotta watch any nuts I eat other than peanuts as I am allergic to almonds and walnuts. So i get nervous lol.

I started today attempting to cut out Sodium out, forgoing the lunch meats. Thats where most of my sodium (other than the 4 eggs I eat in the mornings). comes from.

It is VERY difficult to avoid sodium when you are eating 3100 calories :(

I am working on Salads and chicken today to see how that goes while staying inside my targets.

Hey !!! Absolutely ...stick with it .. 2 weeks too soon ..your body is doing its thing getting fired up to work with you .

Measuring. Maybe not so often ?? I like bang for my buck. I do monthly.

And sodium. Why hard att 3100? Choices ... Choices. Remember ...k? : ). Read up on sodium , educate self on what foods are high and low. Packaged, processed foods are high. Restaurants ...high. I eat 1900 -2200 and generally stay under 2000 sodium. It's all in the choices. Not impossible. But !! Sodium lurks ..for sure!