My Dog Lost Weight Too!

Options
Since starting MFP I have been trying to exercise more. My best friend in the world is my Brittany Spaniel, Jethro. He is my fur-son and it is rare when he isn't with me (work and going places he can't come like grocery stores). So it made sense (least to me) that I take him along as I started working out. It started with walks...short at first, long after awhile. Then it moved into biking with him jogging beside me. At first he could only go for about 15 minutes before he got tired, but now he is up to a 30 minute ride (or jog for him) before he gets tired. (Yes, we get water before, during, and after our bike/jog). I don't have a doggie scale and he hasn't been to the vet since we started so I am not sure how much weight he has lost but I noticed he now has loose flabby skin around his neck and shoulders. I am able to mold it into mohawks and bowls (if you have had a wrinkly dog like a bassett hound, you know what I am talking about). So my weight loss goal has also improved the life of my beloved pet and best friend in the world, Jethro. Here is a picture of him running happily in the back yard. :)

IMAG0109.jpg

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Aw, that's so sweet! And it's got to be good for Jethro to have lost some weight too.
  • jen_ferrante
    jen_ferrante Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've been stuck in a rut and since I haven't been walking my dog several times a week, she's plumped up quite a bit! This reminds me that I have to get back out there and walk more with my pups.