How to Do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
Oneday150
Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is an awesome workout that will begin showing a difference in your body in about 5 days, and put you that much closer to a body like the super toned, super hot Jillian Michaels. This workout operates under the principle of muscle confusion, which means your development will not plateau, and you will see results fast. Muscles get accustomed to repetitive work-outs very quickly. Most people do not know this is happening, continue the ineffective work-out, and then get discouraged at the lack of progress. Work-outs like the 30 Day Shred use muscle confusion to tone and slim your body quickly and efficiently, and the end result is undeniably amazing.

1.Before you start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, take your measurements. You'll be glad you did later. Measure each arm (thickest part), each thigh (thickest part), upper waist (smallest) and lower waist (at your belly button), and your hips (biggest part). Write this info down, or put it in Excel so you can come back to it after 30 days. This work-out will probably cause you to lose weight, about 10 lbs, but that can vary. You will definitely lose inches, however, and develop tone that will surprise you. The reason your weight doesn't drop as quickly is because you are developing muscle and reshaping your body.

2.Get yourself a copy of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on DVD

3.Set aside a time of about 30 minutes each day to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout. You really need to do the program EVERY SINGLE DAY for results. It's very difficult in the beginning because you will be so sore, it will hurt to live. Jillian says work through the pain. Do not stop or wait until the soreness subsides, and you will be amazed at the change in your body in just a week.

4.Start with 3 lb. dumbbells and work up to 5, or start with 5 if you think you can handle it. Jillian Michaels and the other fitness instructors are using 5 lb. weights in the video, but they are advanced trainers.

5.Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is designed in three levels to be done over the course of 30 days. Level 1 of the workout should be done for 10 days, Level 2 for 10, and Level 3 for 10. When you finally can complete Level 3 of this fitness program, stay there, or mix it up every once in a while. When I started Level 1, the first three days, I could not do everything. I had to severely modify it by using the weights only half the time each set (the other half I did without any weights at all), and doing female push-ups. On about Day 10, I could almost do the whole thing. Feel free to stay on Level 1 until you can master it, then move to Level 2. You do not have to move up every 10 days

6.At the end of 30 days, take your measurements again, even if you are only on Level 2. You are sure to see a change of about 1 to 2 inches in most parts of your body. This will probably put you down a dress/pant size. In addition, you will be stronger, more toned, and actually in shape. You'll be glad you let Jillian Michaels kick your butt.

Replies

• Linzybelle
    Linzybelle Posts: 11
    Options
    Great info! This is my first time. I have been trying to do the weights the entire time and it kills me. Especially the sqwat lifts. I don't feel so bad now. I have also skipped a couple of days. I do it late at night before going to bed. I am hoping this group will keep me encouraged to workout no matter how tired I am. Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see the results.
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see some progress now. I started yesterday, but I won't have the weights until Friday. I'm sure I'm still getting a great workout. Plus, I'm still doing some circuit training at the Y.
  • Caitella
    Caitella Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thread, very informative. I started this morning. It was pretty tough and my legs have felt a little wobbly since. Feel like I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I suppose that means it's working. Determined to stick to it for the 30 days.

Good luck everyone
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I wil be starting after work! I do have a comment though...I had read on a previous post that Jillian herself said this was not necessarily meant to be done every single day, but she recommended 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shread, then 1 day rest. I can't remember who exactly posted it but I saw it several times. Anyone know about this?
  • pattyp9983
    pattyp9983 Posts: 14
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I'm doing ripped in 30 but sounds like they are very similar. I did it yesterday and my arms are a bit sore from the flys (2) so I was wondering how doing the same exercises for 1 week straight without any rest, is that good for the muscles? My husband weight trains 6 days a week and he alternates body parts to only repeat the same parts every couple of days. If anyone can help with this, let me know, thanks!
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I wil be starting after work! I do have a comment though...I had read on a previous post that Jillian herself said this was not necessarily meant to be done every single day, but she recommended 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shread, then 1 day rest. I can't remember who exactly posted it but I saw it several times. Anyone know about this?

I was wondering about this. I think I may take one day of the weekends off to rest. We'll see. I really, really want to see results and see this through the end!
  • beckysummer
    beckysummer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If I start this and finish this it will seriously be the most disciplined thing I have ever done fitness wise since daily doubles in high school. I so want to. I will. I will. I will.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've attempted the Shred before, back when I wasn't in nearly as good of physical shape. Personally, my plan for this month is as follows:

1- Shred
    2- Shred
    3- Cardio Intervals (a Tony Horton DVD)
    4- Shred
    5- Shred
    6- Rest
    7- Repeat

This is not meant for anyone else to do it, too... it's just what I have in mind for myself. I find that if I do the Shred everyday, I get pain flare-up, especially in my knees.
  • smvamp
    smvamp Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't have the shred yet...so today I did a wrkout frm Shaun T. I plan to continue this until my Jillian dvd comes. At least that way...I'm still wrking out.
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    To those starting out you do not have to do it everyday.. It is everyone personal choice. But then again it is only 30 minutes a day.
    Everyone can modify it to there own personal choice :wink: