Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
Hello and welcome to Week 3!!!!

Replies

• MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    First day back and it was successful. I have to remember to stay out of my Associate's candy jar. She had mini Baby Ruths on Saturday...I'm sure that part of my +1.2 lb this week. I was able to hold my weight steady during my hiatus. It is a really good feeling to know that I'm able to be successful even when I'm not actively logging daily.

:heart: and :flowerforyou: for all my Pin Up Girlfriends
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    This week is all about getting it back together. I let myself fall apart a bit over the last 2 weeks with stress and sadness but I'm done with that BS. I've maintained the weight I've lost the last round but I'd really like to continue to lose more. So this week I'll keep with my running schedule (I have another half scheduled for July), I'll eat fruits and veggies and I'll keep the junk food to a minimum.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Today was day 2 of pre-work workouts. I plan on doing it every day this week! The shower at the gym wasn't draining which is a bummer since it's only been open less than a week. I emailed the owner and let him know.

Hopefully the scale will show more movement next week. It's getting down to crunch time!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Today was day 2 of pre-work workouts. I plan on doing it every day this week! The shower at the gym wasn't draining which is a bummer since it's only been open less than a week. I emailed the owner and let him know.

Hopefully the scale will show more movement next week. It's getting down to crunch time!!

That dress looks AMAZING on you!!!! :love:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Okay, start to this week has been rocky. I haven't had my premade meals, haven't woken up early enough to make eggs and bacon, though I HAVE been staying within my calories and I had a rockin' lifting session yesterday. My sodium has been crazy as well and not nearly enough water drinking going on.

So since tonight is laundry night, I will also be preparing lunches and breakfast smoothies for the remainder of the week. This will put me right back on track. If I have time, I'll hit the gym tonight for 30min of treadmill and bike. Bedtime early so I can rest up for doctor's appointment tomorrow. Hoping I can go into work early and work through my lunch so I don't lose much time.

:flowerforyou:
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week! ell I definatly wold like to keep up my good routine and even push a little harder this week! Last week was my first real week back at it! I bought myself 4 personal trainer sessions for the first time ever and used two last week! It's exciting! I also have a PT test on the 3rd so hopefully I will do well on that. I feel so rejuvenated lately it amazing :laugh:
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I'll see any loss next week because my siblings and I are throwing a 50th wedding anniversary party for my parents on Saturday. Special occassion where I will not worry about calories that evening. I will do my best during the week so that hopefully Saturday won't have too much of an impact. I've slacked on Level 3 of 30DS, but I will get back on it tonight and the rest of the week.

Have a great week everyone!!! :happy:
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options

That dress looks AMAZING on you!!!! :love:

Thanks <3
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The next few weeks are going to seriously test my conviction! I will be under mega stress and staying in a hotel all next week. I am trying to keep positive and focus on good things like a free gym and pool while we are in the hotel but I have the hardest time when I am away from my kitchen so we will see how that goes! Good luck ladies!
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously re-committing to my diet and to my exercise. Exercise has always been my problem, so when I actually started to exercise more and had to eat more to fuel it I got used to that. But when the exercise stopped I needed to stop eating as much. Harder said then done.

I keep saying I'll get up and run first thing, it's just been so hard, and this morning it rained which just makes me want to stay in bed more. I just want to get it out of the way in the morning. I will try again tomorrow. I can do it! At least I think I can! :o)

I bought lots and lots of fruits and veggies. So I will try to get all the good stuff in me too.
  • MarieKae45
    Options
    This week is all about getting it back together. I let myself fall apart a bit over the last 2 weeks with stress and sadness but I'm done with that BS. I've maintained the weight I've lost the last round but I'd really like to continue to lose more. So this week I'll keep with my running schedule (I have another half scheduled for July), I'll eat fruits and veggies and I'll keep the junk food to a minimum.

Great Job ~ it's never 2 late to come back. I know for myself I feel so much better all around when I'm putting myself and my body first.

:bigsmile:
  • MarieKae45
    Options
    The next few weeks are going to seriously test my conviction! I will be under mega stress and staying in a hotel all next week. I am trying to keep positive and focus on good things like a free gym and pool while we are in the hotel but I have the hardest time when I am away from my kitchen so we will see how that goes! Good luck ladies!

You can do .... make the good choices for your meals and you'll do great!!:drinker:
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm having my first "falling off the wagon" point. I gave in at a Shakey's and had pizza AND pasta together, and while the stuff isn't very high in calories because of the smaller slices, it's still a gateway that reminded me what pizza was; I hadn't had it in four months. I'm learning the hard way that I cannot eyeball things for calories when I'm not at home; a ham and cheese croissant hit me at 390 when I was hoping for 300 at most, and all these tests (National Board pre-tests) are redirecting me to the vending machine for a hard-needed caffeine soda or a sugar-spike Snickers.
    My body's kind of freaking me out, too. When I was exercising more, I was getting a firm upper abdomen... but now that I'm paused to use that time to study, it feels squishy! I haven't regained, but it feels like I lost progress somewhere. I was seeing my problem areas before, and now it feels like they just melted together. Not really liking this right now, hence starting my workouts at 2:30am from now on.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm having my first "falling off the wagon" point. I gave in at a Shakey's and had pizza AND pasta together, and while the stuff isn't very high in calories because of the smaller slices, it's still a gateway that reminded me what pizza was; I hadn't had it in four months. I'm learning the hard way that I cannot eyeball things for calories when I'm not at home; a ham and cheese croissant hit me at 390 when I was hoping for 300 at most, and all these tests (National Board pre-tests) are redirecting me to the vending machine for a hard-needed caffeine soda or a sugar-spike Snickers.
    My body's kind of freaking me out, too. When I was exercising more, I was getting a firm upper abdomen... but now that I'm paused to use that time to study, it feels squishy! I haven't regained, but it feels like I lost progress somewhere. I was seeing my problem areas before, and now it feels like they just melted together. Not really liking this right now, hence starting my workouts at 2:30am from now on.

So sorry everything is so hectic for you right now! Just make sure your getting sleep!!! Oh so important, even if you can't do early workouts. Run up and down stairs for 10min here and there or something to get your blood pumping and burn a couple calories. Hope things slow down for you soon. :flowerforyou:
  • karen_thinmint
    Options
    I'm having a serious self doubt week.

First, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I saw old me. Im down nearly 40 lbs total, I know its impossible, but there I was, big me. A complete mind f*&#.

Then yesterday. My friend was telling me a story. My friend (5'8", size 2, spins 5x a week, rarely eats), was apparently corrected by the guy she's seeing "you're not too thin, you're average." He also said that he wouldn't have kids cause it would ruin his wife's body (he's in his 30, btw, and she's obv not speaking to him anymore). If that twig, who I've often worried has issues with food and over exercising, is average WTF. So guess what I dreamed about last night? I never remember my dreams, but woke up remembering my subconscious telling me negative things; I don't need to repeat. Geez.

I saw my parents yesterday, too, who know I had lots of blood work done a few weeks ago, luckily everything was negative, and I thought I looked really nice and I've been feeling a lot better, and my dad said I looked pale and sick.

I didn't know where or if I should post this. But I just needed to vent.

I need to be proud of my accomplishments, and happy with my progress. And I am. So this negativity crap has got to go!!!!
  • jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A few ladies seem to be having a tough week. *hugs* to all of you.

When I'm having a down day, and all I want to do is say "nevermind" to all the hard work I've put in, I like to either go for a walk or jog, without music, or do a video workout I'm familiar enough with to be able to follow along. I kinda zone out, and just let myself work out, and be proud of myself for the progress I've made. I can walk up hills now without getting (too) out of breath. I can keep up with videos I had to stop during. I was a size 18, my size 14s are falling off me now. I can see my shoulder, and feel my collarbones. My rings fit better. My fiance sees my hard work and compliments me. I'm sleeping better, and waking up happier.

People I haven't seen in 5 years don't know how big I'd gotten. My overweight friends think I'm silly for not eating out all the time and watching what I eat when I do. My mom is proud of my progress but thinks it's silly I won't eat all the snacks my family puts out for get-togethers. Folks say "we all die anyways."

But I know. And I feel good. And I'm doing this for me, not for any of them. I want to live my longest, happiest life possible. I want to have quality in the years I have, not just medically extended quantity. So I watch what I eat, get out and exercise, and keep plugging along, a lb or two healthier week by week.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    We all must be Cosmically connected in some way, everybody is having an off week! Good vibes for all of us so we can have a switcheroo for next week and have all had a good week. So far mine's just been hectic ( a preview for the entire month of May at work apparently.)
    Didn't gain since I was off exercise last week, which I thought was good, but have noticed that in spite of the exercising and eating within my calories, all my jeans seem tighter every time I put them on! Everything that seems to be thinning out, must be shifting to my belly since other things are much more loose. I can TOTALLY sympathize with Karen_thinmin, I've seen my old self in the mirror for the past several days too.
    I gave spin class a shot yesterday so I could get some exercise in since I would be at work at the time of my usual Combat class, today I'm walking funny, but willing to try it again (the instructor told me that the next time should not be "saddle sore.")
    It will be a tough weekend since it is birthday weekend for me, better go look at the workout class schedule for the gym so I can organize a workout schedule to balance all the food...
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Karen_thinmin - I'm glad you came here to post! It's better to get it out and not hold any of that crap in. Sounds like your friend's boyfriend is a jerk. Ignore him and his dumb comments. He doesn't know jack. You care about yourself enough to do this right and give your body the gift of being healthy. You should be proud of your accomplishments! You've earned it!

Me on the other hand, I'm struggling these days. I am seeing gains on the scale that are scary. My clothes are getting tight. I can see the gain in my face. I've gained all my weight back since I quit smoking. It's pissing me off. I'm back to my starting weight and I'm pissed. We are having this big family party on Saturday and I look like *kitten*. Great job, self. I let my loss slip through my fingers in the blink of an eye. It's amazing how fast the weight came back. And I won't have a loss next Monday becaue I'm already up again this week AND the party will blow any chance of a loss.

Okay, enough pity party for me. Complaining about it won't fix it. I need to run again. I decided to take a break from running and do 30DS and it's not really working out so great for me. I will start running. I will start running. I will start running. I will start running.
  • karen_thinmint
    Options
    I needed to vent too, thanks!

And thanks everyone, I think we all need a big hug. It's a bad week for all of us it seems.

I ran it out today, the stress that is. I went for an interval run (4mph to 7mph and back), and the slower pace just had me itching to get back to the sprint. I guess I needed to just pound the pavement.

Today was the longest day that ever was, the run did help!!! I'm just going to ignore that I trapped my finger in the front door coming back from the gym and it's resting under a bag of frozen edamame, LOL.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're all into outdoor activity this week too, I was heading over to the gym to take my pump class and I decided that I wanted to be outside, so I went to the park and did a 4 mile walk/jog. Currently have an ice pack on my hip, don't think it was quite ready for that...

Hugs to us all and big cheers that WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :flowerforyou:
    We will prevail over this and get back in the right direction in our journey... Keep your fingers crossed for me, it's going to be a tough weekend food wise, so far two birthday meals on tap!