BR Confessions: I just called Jillian a B*tch

Options
cookieta76
cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
Yep - shouted it out loud. First night of phase 2 workout 7. Did she get anyone else? I totally switched right over to the other leg during the push ups where you raise one leg. Actually did about two until I looked over and saw NO ONE doing them, then realized what she was saying. "You b*tch!" haha....then I laughed along with her.

She totally got me.

Then later as I attempted to do the boat pose, I cursed her internally, because I just couldn't do it. I cannot get around my tailbone! Does anyone else have this problem? Should I be resting below it, above it, on it? HELP!

Replies

• chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 5 (5,6 cardio 2) and haven't yet yelled or swore at her! LOL maybe when I reach 7 & 8?!?!

I work out early in the morning and usually on Tues & Wed my hubby is still sleeping. Don't want to startle him b/c I'm yelling
    at herrrrr LOL hahahaha though sometimes she moves so fast into the next move and I can't keep up 'cause I'm barely awake!!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Did she get anyone else? I totally switched right over to the other leg during the push ups where you raise one leg.

She got me, too!

I yell at Jillian all the time. Especially in workout 9. Some of those moves are way too difficult.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    What I can't stand especially is how she tells you to watch how she's modifying the move or taking it up a notch but you're down on the ground trying to do the move yourself so how the heck are you supposed to watch the DVD and do the move at the same time???
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten to the point of yelling at her yet...I'm normally thinking about yelling to myself...lol. I'm in week 6 and I still struggle with form on a number of exercises. Today, my balance was lame while doing Statue of Liberties...I hate when I lose my balance!! I really need to learn to be mad at her versus frustrated with myself...
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    HAHA. I regularly do this! 7 was hard the first couple times. Now I'm finding 11 equally difficult! Jill and I have a love/hate thing going!
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    It's a good thing I don't actually have the resources to have Jillian as a trainer or to join her class in person. I think I'd get myself into some serious trouble with my mouth (Jillian is small but scrappy, so I know it wouldn't end well for me :laugh: )
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm sure other people have done it, but I've seriously considered just sitting and watching all of these DVDs either before or after doing them. Even with the stuff we do catch, I'm sure there's tons that I don't see - and I'm afraid form might be some of the details! So yeah, it does get frustrating to really concentrate on what you're doing and watch what she's teaching at the same time.

I used to get annoyed that she stops and walks around talking, but I guess being a trainer also means shouting and motivating (and making us mad). I would never be able to talk and do some of these moves at the same time, so I'll give her that. And I do like seeing her torture her athletes sometimes - even though their bodies are awesome, it's nice to see them struggle at times too! :tongue:
  • sugarnspicere
    sugarnspicere Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed sometimes when she is babbling on and has you holding a position for what feels like a lifetime. I've actually yelled "Okay shut up already and lets more along." I just started week 3. Workout 3 was difficult for me as I have a hard time doing some things. Like the plank thing where you raise and lower onto your arms and the plank into the cressent or whatever it's called. I keep falling over. :-/ I did workout 4 today. Made it through without falling over. yay
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Yep - shouted it out loud. First night of phase 2 workout 7. Did she get anyone else? I totally switched right over to the other leg during the push ups where you raise one leg. Actually did about two until I looked over and saw NO ONE doing them, then realized what she was saying. "You b*tch!" haha....then I laughed along with her.

She totally got me.

Then later as I attempted to do the boat pose, I cursed her internally, because I just couldn't do it. I cannot get around my tailbone! Does anyone else have this problem? Should I be resting below it, above it, on it? HELP!

Don't feel bad I yell at her all the time. Even today when I was watching the videos for the next phase in preparation for Monday I found I dropped an f bomb. Especially with how she says she doesn't care that it hurts, it's frustrating. If I were in the video, on the dumbbell swing or dumbbell chops, I'd totally let the weight "slip" out of my hand conveniently when she was standing right there. I love how she says the people in the video always get their punches really close to her face. I hate her, but secretly love her at the same time for kicking my butt into shape!
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I called Jillian a b*tch last night. Felt good. Yes, it hurt but in a good way - the work out was challenging me. The move in particular? From work out three (I don't remember the name) it was the ab move you do on your back with shoulders and legs raised. It was later in the video and it was hard, that's all I remember XD