Workout 6 Lat Pulls/Crunches

Options
NovemberJune
NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
Or whatever she calls them. Basically the sit ups with weights.

I love them! They are so hard :D And they made me really sore the 1st time and not so sore the 2nd time I did the workout. She says to use your heavy weights, but I can only do them with 5s so far. Can't wait until I can do them with 8s. ;)

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I laugh when she says your heaviest weights. I tried them with 8s which are my medium and I can do a few, but I can do them all with 5 lb weights. I figure the move is actually to put more resistance on your abs, right? When I'm using the 8s, I have to lock my elbows to be able to pull that much weight... is this improper form???
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I first tried them with my 10's as they are my heaviest. Yeah right!! I had to drop them and switch to 8's
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Yea if I try to do them heavier, I can tell I'm more just putting stress on my elbows and not really working the muscles right if that makes sense. I think my abs can take it but my lats can't! lol. ;)
  • alexsgal
    alexsgal Posts: 35
    Options
    i have workout 6 tomorrow for the first time....i better make sure i have my 5 pounders just in case:cry:
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I use 10s, but I cannot bring my arms all of the way back to the floor on the way back down....I think I would pull my shoulder out...lol. I like the crunching with heavier weights, so my goal now is to get lower to the ground when I come down each time. I actually was shocked I was able to crunch up the first time I did those!~
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I can only do them with 5's but like she says...just keep moving!!! So I do!