Daily Challenge?

Options
Jennairess
Jennairess Posts: 27 Member
anyone up for a daily fitness challenge? I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was neat....each day (or night before) post a exercise challenge for the group to attempt. Do the best you can - if you make it though great, if not...do what you can!

So ill start by posting this challenge....bonus if you do lunges etc holding lo (consider it weights LOL)

45 Jumping Jacks
15 Squats (standing to sitting position like in a chair)
5 jump squats (same as above but when stand back up straight add a small jump)
50 Russian twists (see below)
30 second plank - http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm
10 standing calf rises - going on tip toes
5 kneeling push ups (push ups but bent knees instead of straight out)
30 second superman - http://www.ehow.com/how_2271933_do-superman-exercise.html
10 lunges (each leg) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_RYVmpWDq4
40 crunches - sit ups

can repeat the whole set if you are craving more

*Russian twist - one should sit on the floor with knees bent like in a "sit-up" position. The feet should be kept together and slightly above the ground or put under a stable surface. The torso should be kept straight with the back kept off the ground at a 45 degree angle. Arms should be held together away from the body in a straight fashion and hands kept locked together like a ball or one can hold a weight to increase the difficulty. Next, the arms should be swung from one side to another in a twisting motion, with each swing to a side counting as one repetition

Replies

• quietvoice
    quietvoice Posts: 1
    Options
    My first two thoughts (beside this being a good idea) are 1. I don't know what some of these things are and 2. I feel bad for my downstairs neighbor if I start jumping around up here. =)
  • Jennairess
    Options
    ill edit it with descriptions :)
  • amdraza
    amdraza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this idea... I need someone to tell me what to do when it comes to exercise, otherwise, I get in a rut!

I'll do my best to do all of them. I already did my crunches for the day, so I've got those covered... maybe I will try to do some of them in my office throughout the day, so I don't have to do all of them at once at home.

This will be fun!
  • lizbet
    lizbet Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Jennairess
    Options
    ok i just did one set of the whole thing...I got through it, wasnt bad at all (the ab ones killed me - my abs are so weak)...going to repeat the whole set :)

***EDIT - did 2 sets, second was harder but i did it!

and you can add everything to strength training (cept superman and plank i cant find anything to match) and jumping jacks to cardio for exercise for today
  • Foogazie
    Foogazie Posts: 7
    Options
    Excellent idea!! Hope I can remember to do this. Maybe this will be a quick and easy thing for me to do next week while I'm at Disney!!
  • Kkoscuk
    Kkoscuk Posts: 2
    Options
    I love this idea! How will we decide who/when to post the workout for the next day?
  • Jennairess
    Options
    i can post for the first week if you all want....the site i found it on gives one week worth of challenges
    and did everyone do this one or should we start this one tomorrow? i did it but can always do it again tomorrow