Want to keep eating...

Options
greekygirl
greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
Lately I want to keep eating after I'm done with my meals, specifically lunch and sometimes dinner. I don't think I'm the only one right? What do you do when this happens? Please don't say brush your teeth, lol!

And I blew it today. Intense cravings for chocolate. Ugh!! They're hard to fight when your co-worker's candy jar is four feet away. :(

Replies

• deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    this is SO HARD for me!

finding something completely different to do - especially something to do with my hands, like folding laundry while listening to sports, or doing something with my hands WHILE watching TV - if I can keep both my hands and my mind occupied, it helps. And chugging a LOT of water.

also just *admitting* it - "ok, sigh ... I want to keep eating. I know I shouldn't want to, but I do. I can be honest about that, and it's one of several choices I have ... so let me see if I can find something else to do instead ..." - that helps take the sting of it away for me. Sometimes. Hope this helps!! :smile:
  • Abigaillee15
    Abigaillee15 Posts: 100
    Options
    I have this problem too sometimes! I'll finish something really yummy and I'll always get the feeling of wanting to "go back and get more." I've stopped recently though because I don't really eat big meals, but instead little meals with lots and lots of snacks. So after I eat something, it won't be long until I have my next snack.

And I won't brush my teeth, but I will put in a piece of gum! It actually helps a TON. That, or distract myself with the internet or friends until the cravings for more go away!
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    HI,

I know it is soooo hard! I have been reading a book called shrink yourself,(about emotional eating), that seems to be helping me a little. I also was eating 1200 calories for a long time and I think that is why my binges started again so I put my calories up to between 1350 and 1500 calories per day. I feel better if I can eat more through the day and hopefully I will be more satisfied and not feel the urge to binge. It may take longer for me to lose but I think in the long run I may be able to succeed this way. I am trying to research as much as possible to try and beat this once and for all! I am also going to a counsellor about binge eating this week, first time I have done that.

I wish you all the luck and I know you can beat this! We can!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    me too. i just don't know when to stop sometimes... it's crazy
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to join us at below conversation thread for additional support:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/582481-may-june-bed-conversation-thread
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Sometimes I do chew a piece of gum and sometimes it does help.

I was thinking that maybe my cals are set too low and wondering if that's causing the binges...but I don't know if I should set my calories higher because I am afraid I will eat them and still binge too.

if you don't mind sharing, how many calories are you guys eating? Don't feel the need to answer if you don't want to!

Thanks for your supprt and for being here!!