Need some Keto Friends... Im stuck

Options
Squeandra
Squeandra Posts: 2 Member
Hello,

I am a 23 year old female Student and am looking for friends that Keto. I have been on Keto (or I think I have been) for 3 weeks now and I am struggling. I don't know whether I am doing something wrong or am I just plateauing (which is weird - I'm new and I am 60lb away from my healthy weight).

A bit of support (hard to find if none of your friends understand keto) and definitely some accountability would mean the world to me.

I would also do the same for anyone else. So add me :)

Replies

• piriz81
    piriz81 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there!

I've added you. I've been on Keto since Jan and I'm just now feeling like I understand how it works for me - don't get discouraged, everyone's experience is different.

Good luck!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hell, I've been doing it since last August/September and am still figuring some things out for myself. :D
  • ThwackyB
    ThwackyB Posts: 7
    Options
    Some people have talked about losing 5-7 lbs in the first week on keto (albeit water weight). I've lost 3 lbs in two weeks. It's a little discouraging, but then I remember, I HAVE LOST WEIGHT. Even if it's slow, it's something.
  • Oobs
    Oobs Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't know whether I am doing something wrong or am I just plateauing (which is weird - I'm new and I am 60lb away from my healthy weight).

Hey. I sent you a friend request. If your food diary is visible to friends, I'll take a look at it. Have you installed the MFP nutrition pie graph script from the /r/keto FAQ? It's very helpful.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im new to this too! tomorrow is my (first week yay!) and Im down 4.4 pounds already.

I sure dont have all the answers! I do feel people dont understand what exactly Im doing and feel a tad unsupported as well. I have some basic questions about veggies and if I count those towards my carb intake for the day and what not ;) feel free to add me Im on everyday and welcome any advise some of you more seasoned Ketoist may bring!
  • Vhnguyen5
    Vhnguyen5 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm actually quite experienced in keto. I usually cycle on and off but I typically lose 15 pounds in 3 weeks. If you're interested in my diet plan and exercise shoot me a message
  • Vhnguyen5
    Options
    You should only eat dark greens and in moderation. I usually eat a whole avocado for breakfast and broccoli w cheese as snack
  • Vhnguyen5
    Options
    Hello,

I am a 23 year old female Student and am looking for friends that Keto. I have been on Keto (or I think I have been) for 3 weeks now and I am struggling. I don't know whether I am doing something wrong or am I just plateauing (which is weird - I'm new and I am 60lb away from my healthy weight).

A bit of support (hard to find if none of your friends understand keto) and definitely some accountability would mean the world to me.

You should only count net carbs. My total net carbs is around 30 grams/day and I lose almost a pound every other day. Remember to not count calories. It also takes fat to burn fat so eat plenty of it.