We CAN do this in MAY!

Options
IamProudofMe
IamProudofMe Posts: 37 Member
I love the month of May - warmer weather, nature in bloom during walks, the beginning of more outdoor fun for us Northeners! But I liek being more positivie with my journey, and May is not a strong enough word. So here is to the word CAN rather than MAY!

Here are my goals for May....what are yours?

-Lose 5 pounds by Memorial Day (or more -hehe!)
-Log 4 days of exercise EVERY week
-Add one new exercise or routine to my regimen

What WILL you do in MAY??

Replies

• Cathy060
    Cathy060 Posts: 26
    Options
    Mine is to log every bite of food that passes my lips!
  • IamProudofMe
    Options
    You can do that Cathy! That great accountability ends up snowballing into all kinds of good things!
  • joanneonline
    joanneonline Posts: 158
    Options
    Love your list Barb!

Cathy, Barb's right. Once you start logging EVERYTHING - amazing things start to happen :)

So my goals for May:
    - Establish a new 30-day workout regime with all the new workouts I tried in April :)
    - Cook one new healthy dish each week and share the recipe with my MFP buds (only if it's yummy, of course)
    - I'd love to get my big toe into the 150's - which would mean losing 6 lbs. - but I'll take anything in that direction :)

Anyone interested in trying new recipes, please feel free to add to the "Yummy Discoveries" Topic.

Thanks for the post, Barb - you're right We CAN do this in MAY!!!!

Joanne
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this Barb! I love the Spring too!!! Yeah for MAY!!!!

GOALS!!! GOALS!!! GOALS!!!

Well I did not do well in April. (No Excuses I just did not do well!) So I am really needing to try to set a goal or goals that I can say yes I did that! Does that seem cowardly? I hope not. So being realistic I would like to make running part of my weekly routines. Last month I did manage to make the Elliptical more important in my daily workouts and I want to still keep this a part as well. I also want to get outside and walk on my nearby trails during May. When I go outside I usually go longer than I can do in my basement and I feel this will really help me in my overall calorie burn. Last but never least I want to get to 165 lbs!!! That means 5 lbs in May! I think I can do all of these, I want to do all of these so now its time to do it!!! Please help support me I need all the help I can get! :) CECE
  • joanneonline
    joanneonline Posts: 158
    Options
    Great goals Cece! They push you a little farther but are VERY do-able. You got this girl friend!
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    Options
    love all the goals. My goal for May is to increase my exercise amount. I am slowly getting back on my feet after surgery, so it is time to Ramp it up! Walked my first mile today and increased my speed. here we go................ :glasses:
  • Cathy060
    Options
    We are almost a third of the way done with May! How is everybody doing?

I have logged everything. Making sure that I track my food really does help me make better choices when I'm deciding what to eat. So far, so good!!
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    Options
    I've increased my exercises and noticed a little faster drop in weight loss - so far so good!
  • Cathy060
    Options
    Uh-oh! Went on vacation and tried to log, but I wasn't successful. Back home now and back on track. Haven't weighed yet, forgot to this morning. Anxious to see what happened while I was gone -- I feel good about the choices I made and the level of activity most days, so it should be okay.
  • IamProudofMe
    Options
    Last day of May update:

Goal: Lose 5 pounds by Memorial Day (or more -hehe!)
    Update: LOST 7 POUNDS. ACTUALLY PUT ON SOME AND LOST THAT TOO!

Goal: Log 4 days of exercise EVERY week
    Update: ROUGH START IN THE BEGINNING BY NOW I AM 6-7 DAYS A WEEK

Goal: Add one new exercise or routine to my regimen.
    Update: WITH THE HELP OF THE TRAINER I NOW USE 6 WEIGHT MACHINES 5 DAYS A WEEK. EACH MACHINE I DO THREE SETS OF 20, SO THAT'S 60 REPS PER MACHINE.

:flowerforyou:
  • libro55
    libro55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stick with it! Log food daily. Use the Fitbit to challenge myself to do more than the day before (I usually start each Monday with a goal of # of steps I want to make that day, then each day try to exceed that.)
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    For May I only lost 3.5 of the 5 I wanted to lose. So I was short by 1.5 lbs! I did start running again and I have been outdoors on the hilly trails doing the majority of my workouts. My workouts included, bike rides, running, and walking which on most days were much longer than my inside workouts. I did do some elliptical and some 30 day shred too! I think I could have made it had it not been for the 10 days of travel at the end of May. Life is a challenge but I would not change the time I got to spend with my family!