Running in the Rain

Options
So it's been rainy off and on here. I haven't had a run in the rain yet, but as long as it's warm enough I think I might enjoy it. Any special steps you take to increase comfort when running in the rain?

Replies

• LLCoolBean
    LLCoolBean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just make sure to wear dark clothes and put my phone is a plastic bag and enjoy. Here in FL running in the rain is only chance to get some nice cool weather in the summer and sometimes its inevitable as it comes out of nowhere
  • dancer4life627
    dancer4life627 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great question because I was wondering the same thing! I see these next few days it is supposed to be in the 80's in my area but it includes rain. I've never ran in the rain but I think it would be doable if it was warm enough out!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Use Bodyglide, don't wear cotton, don't wear a white t-shirt.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Run in clothes that are fitted, like leggings etc I got caught in rain once, serious bucketing flooding type rain, wearing track pants and they were so damn heavy i could barely move LOL

Love compression wear pants even in rain they seem to cope well with it :)

As well as that moisture wicking fabric for tops :)

Enjoy it! Don't worry about your feet getting wet etc, its going to happen anyway, and you will go home with squishy feet, so you may as well just enjoy it and feel super cool and tough continuing in the rain :D
  • enchantedeskape
    Options
    I think you'll love it! I ran in the rain for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was really nice! I agree with the PP's suggestions. My only problem developed when the rain came down really hard. It started stinging my eyes.

Any suggestions on that one?
  • pdworkman
    Options
    Wear a hat and look downward. You gotta watch for earthworms and puddles anyway. Glasses can help, but make it harder to see if they get covered with drips.
    I think you'll love it! I ran in the rain for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was really nice! I agree with the PP's suggestions. My only problem developed when the rain came down really hard. It started stinging my eyes.

• enchantedeskape
    Options
    Wear a hat and look downward. You gotta watch for earthworms and puddles anyway. Glasses can help, but make it harder to see if they get covered with drips.

Good idea. I usually wear a sun visor, but the day I was out in the rain, I left it at the house. I'll try that next time. I usually look about 10 feet or so in front of me when I'm jogging. (I usually run with my dog...I have to watch where she's going!)
  • pdworkman
    Options
    Ran today in rain, hail, and snow. The hail was the most difficult, as I was running directly into it, but I had my cap up and kept my head down and kept on slogging through. I was completely soaked when I got home!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    well done!!! THAT is dedication!! :glasses: