AHHH! Apple or Banana? I can't tell.

Options
I thought I would post this here, because I'm being trolled in other threads. People are telling me "WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT SHAPE YOU ARE?" and this one girl said I was a "horned melon." Okay guys, really, not that funny. This is for *ME*, and you don't need to have my reasoning for why I want to know my shape. So here it is:

I know that I definitely don't classify into the Pear/Hourglass section. When I gain weight, it takes place in the upperbody. Now, before you jump to "Oh, you're an apple", there are still things that make me less of an apple and more of a banana, and there are some things that make me more like an apple and less like a banana.

Apples have a shoulder, bust, & waist measurement that are broader and wider than their hips. They tend to carry all/most of their weight in their stomach, not having much of a waist & very narrow hips to go along with it. They also carry weight in their arms, face, & chest size. Apple shaped women tend to have a larger bust. Apples also have more "skinny"/shapely legs.

Bananas have around the same measurement of their shoulders, waist, and hips, therefore making a "straight down" or "rectangle/ruler" shape. They tend to have smaller busts, unlike apples. I read somewhere that bananas also tend to gain in the buttocks, love handles, and in the mid-section mostly. Banana's legs are shapely.

Well, my measurements are 36-32-36. My shoulders are the same measurement as my hips and bust, and my cup size is a B/C. I have somewhat of a waist, and my legs aren't completely small compared to my upperbody. This is where I think I'm banana. However, I also feel like an apple sometimes because I lack a bottom in general and tend to carry mostly in my stomach/arms/face.

Here are 3 photos of me, from the front, side, and back.:
What do you think I am more of? (Because I think I'm somewhat both.)
Also, for the record, I'm 5'7", 152 lbs.

http://i50.tinypic.com/162169u.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/15owdno.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2u3zm81.jpg

I just wish a little of the fat that was in my arms & face would go into my butt.. lolol. If only.

Replies

• strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can't see your pics. But I think it's possible to have a combo body. I might have some banana features. I never even knew there was a banana shape. I think our measurements are quite similar. I'm 36-33-35. I think, I'll have to go look. I don't track it on MFP. But I'm 5'2 and 133 lbs.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Here ya go :)

162169u.jpg

15owdno.jpg

2u3zm81.jpg

basically you have to put the link in between two "tags" like this:
    162169u.jpg

except your IMG should be lower case, then it will work!
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Your stomach is definitely flatter than mine.

This is a bit blurry and small:

IMG_1292editededited.jpg
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I never knew there were bananas, so I looked it up and from the description, bananas sound like thin apples (or apples are fat bananas :bigsmile: ) - both aren't particularly curvy, both gain their fat in their middles and upper halves, neither have particularly narrow waists. Looking at your pictures, I would say banana. Your middle isn't thick. I think most apples would hope to look like bananas when they lose weight (since we'll never look hourglassy or pearish).
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think you're a banana. Apple hips are virtually nonexistent - it looks like you've got some hip action going on. You also don't look broad. Your body is cute, btw.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Oh great, just when I think I have figured it out, you guys go and change it on me. :laugh: I thought I was an apple now judging by some of the comments I may not be an apple but rather a banana.

I currently weigh 131 and measurements are 36-33-35. My stomach is somewhat flatter since I have lost a total of 12lbs but my middle is still thick.
  • Pipergirl2
    Pipergirl2 Posts: 25
    Options
    I would say you are more of a banana, cause if my apple body looked like yours I would be thrilled!
  • strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for showing me how to work the photos!! You rock.

And honestly, before I lost weight, I was definitely an apple. I gained it in my tummy & arms, a little in my thighs. You guys can do it! There is a sexy banana/possibly hourglass waiting for you!! :)
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    im in the exact same boat as you. ive considered myself an apple my whole life but i wasnt blessed with the chest :( my legs arent thin, they are kind of thick actually but they are the first place tone up. I went on a website or 2 (i cant remember which ones) and i put in my measurements, and they claimed im a banana!
  • em_arylin
    Options
    I'm weirdly shaped too, I have great legs, and tiny hips...then everything goes to hell. I have small boobs (about a B) broad shoulders and big arms. I've lost about 15 lbs and you can tell on my face and really on my collar bones. I feel my pants fitting me better, my stomach has gone down but not noticeably. I've finally starting getting a butt whether by exercise or it was there under all the fat I don't know. I have about 35lbs more to go, hoping to get to 125. I'd post pictures but don't know how, my profile picture now if of me in a big gym shirt but it might show much. If someone can help me by telling me if I just have a large frame or really am an apple?