Day 2

Options
Letters24You
Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
Hi All!
I had the hardest time yesterday completing just the 26 minutue work out and I modified every workout. I felt defeated but knew I had to go to day 2 no matter what. I've just completed Day 2 and my knees weren't jello this time! I had enough energy to take my dog for a 1 mile walk afterwards! Most importantly I narrowed it down to only a few things that I had to modify:
Jumping Jacks, Jump Rope, Heel Kicks - I did as many as I could then switched to running in place and then did a few more.
Looks like I have an issue with high impact workouts!! At least I was able to narrow it down this time.
Also the bicycle crunches get me. I think I may be too french to do all that movement at once :P
Either way I substituted instead of stopping and feel so much better.
Just wanted to share in case anyone else felt like death on day 1!

Replies

• Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I just completed day 1 and I was feeling the pain about 5 minutes into it!! LOL I'm excited about day 2 though after hearing your comments! I hope it goes as well as yours did :)
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My Day 2 was rough, I won't lie. The bicycle crunches were harder, but could really feel it...I think my form is getting better.

Thank you for sharing! I think that it'll be important for us to hear and share what is happening and how it affects us.
    Let's keep it up!
  • EssexShell
    EssexShell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in so much agony and found it extremely hard to walk to school and back...I really don't know if I can actually do day 2...
  • jetsgirl
    jetsgirl Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm in so much agony and found it extremely hard to walk to school and back...I really don't know if I can actually do day 2...

I just wanted to tell you that once you start doing the work out, you won't be in that much pain. Its worth it to push yourself and you will be so proud that you did!
  • Caitella
    Caitella Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I just wanted to tell you that once you start doing the work out, you won't be in that much pain. Its worth it to push yourself and you will be so proud that you did!

I hear ya. My thighs are in agony. In fact my whole body hurts but esp my thighs. grrr, sitting down and standing up are like mammoth tasks. I am determined to do day 2 tonight though, determined!!! Wish me luck. I really hope this pain does ease once I start into it.
  • caroltz
    caroltz Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I just completed day 1 and I was feeling the pain about 5 minutes into it!! LOL I'm excited about day 2 though after hearing your comments! I hope it goes as well as yours did :)

Ditto for me!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was sore crawling into bed last night so I knew this morning was going to be rough, LOL. I'm planning on doing day 2 early afternoon...once my limbs have loosened up a bit.

Right now, my arms are the most sore. And my legs feel like tree logs :yawn:

Other than that, things are great LOL!

However, I did commit to completing this 30 day shred so I will do Day 2 today. I may have to modify the crap out of it, but I will do it.

(Oh...my 15 year old son was laughing at dinner last night when I was explaining to my husband how challenging the 20 minute work was. So I challeneged him to do it...which he did after dinner. He was moaning getting out of bed this morning, LOL. But he said he's going to try it for all 30 days as well)
  • Linzybelle
    Linzybelle Posts: 11
    Options
    From what I have gathered on messege boards and in my own experience, most of the agony goes away around day 5. I am on day 6 and I am having a really hard time with my knees but the muscle pain is no where near as intense as it was the first four days. Commit to getting to day 5 anyway.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 2 here and Im more sore than Day 1. But that may have more to do with the cold Ive come down with than the video. Still hard, not at all easy, but Im hoping itll get a little easier......just in time to up it to Level 2 Im sure. lol
  • Cyndie3
    Cyndie3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2, and I am feeling great,,, hope you are too!!!
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just get up and do Day 2. The pain is actually kind of satisfying today. I'm ready to hammer out day 3 tonight, even if I'm modifying. You've got this. 30 days!!! Just don't give up!
  • beckysummer
    beckysummer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 2. Done. My body is JELLO!!!!!
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I complete Day 1 last night and I am feeling it today. I sit at a desk all day which I think makes it worse. I feel better if I keep moving. Day 2 tonight.
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Day 2. Done. My body is JELLO!!!!!

Hey, there's always room for JELLO! :bigsmile:

Just keep it up and there will be no jiggling of Jello, just a hard A** Body!
  • Ilbrantdai
    Ilbrantdai Posts: 58
    Options
    I finished day 1 last night, and I'm looking forward to completed the 2nd workout in just a few hours! :) My roomie actually did it with me for support.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 and I called Jillian a few not nice words while doing the bicycle crunches last night :blushing:
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    I'm on day 8 and I called Jillian a few not nice words while doing the bicycle crunches last night :blushing:
    If you're not cursing at the video or cursing Jillian, then something is seriously wrong! :laugh:
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing everyone! I completed day 4 and most of my soreness is gone. I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far. The pain is intense the first 3 or 4 days. I hope I am able to progress to level 2 on day 11, but I'm not so sure. I still find it hard to finish level 1. Of course, I tried to do all of it with very few modifications from the beginning. Let's do this!!! I've never been so excited about a workout program before.
  • beckysummer
    beckysummer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    beckysummer burned 229 calories doing 25 minutes of "Circuit training, general"

Is this what everyone else is using for their exercise????
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3. I still modify some of the cardio moves. I find the butt kicks put too much strain on my ankles so I sub running in place instead. Today I did the jumping jacks most of the way. I was also able to finally complete the set of bicycle crunches.

Something is always better than nothing. It really does get easier the more you do it.