Vegan Protein Powder

jennys11
jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
Does anyone use vegan protein powder? If so, what kind and flavor do you like?

Replies

• smesch
    smesch Posts: 15 Member
    I do - I use a Pea and Rice protein mix from trueprotein.com. You can build your own custom percentage-based mix and they have a TON of flavors. Can't recommend them enough.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    I use Life's Basics Protein Powder (all flavors), Garden of Life RAW Protein, and Vega Whole Food Optimizer(chocolate!). I alternate to get variety.

I've heard that the trueprotein.com was good stuff too - would like to try it as well.
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    I use Nitrofusion in the chocolate flavour (its more hazelnut) but it tastes great. 130 cal serves and 21g protein. you can order it online and there are a few other flavour options also. The texture isnt gritty and its a pea/artichoke/brown rice multisourced protein (not a soy based protein).
    -Dani
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    I do - I use a Pea and Rice protein mix from trueprotein.com. You can build your own custom percentage-based mix and they have a TON of flavors. Can't recommend them enough.

Another vote for true protein, I also use this exact mx. The vanilla birthday cake flavor is delicious!
  • smesch

Another vote for true protein, I also use this exact mx. The vanilla birthday cake flavor is delicious!

I initially got the peanut butter cup flavor, but shortly after ordering it I noticed the birthday cake flavor and felt the failure of my ways. Definitely ordering that one next time/soon.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,319 Member
    Just checked out the trueprotein. Do you guys add any aminos or fats to it or just do a 50/50 of those proteins? Also, is there a way to tell which ones are vegan on there? I obviously know that milk, egg, and whey ones are not vegan but have no clue about the others....they have a lot of delicious looking flavors!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Just checked out the trueprotein. Do you guys add any aminos or fats to it or just do a 50/50 of those proteins? Also, is there a way to tell which ones are vegan on there? I obviously know that milk, egg, and whey ones are not vegan but have no clue about the others....they have a lot of delicious looking flavors!

I believe only the brown rice, gemma pea and hemp mixes are vegan. I don't add anything to mine - just the basic protein mix and the flavor of my choice.
  • smesch

I didn't add anything at all besides stevia as a sweetener.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    I use some pea protein that does not have anything added to it, so it tastes rather bland (think cardboard - hehe) but it doesn't bother me.