In agony after 1st day

Options
EssexShell
EssexShell Posts: 23 Member
I think I might have to opt out of this as there is no way I can even walk properly today let alone do the dvd again for day 2. I must be soo unfit. My muscles hurt all over ;-(

Replies

• Caitella
    Caitella Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think I might have to opt out of this as there is no way I can even walk properly today let alone do the dvd again for day 2. I must be soo unfit. My muscles hurt all over ;-(

I was exactly the same. My thighs were so incredibly sore today. I couldn't sit, I couldn't stand, I couldn't walk up or down steps. I was hobbling around all day. It was terrible. I was so determined to stick with it though that I took 2 ibuprofen and did day 2 an hour later. It was still really painful but I have to say that once I got into a bit it eased (even if only very slightly) I've just finished and I have to say I'm actually more chuffed at finishing today than i was yesterday. Give it a go and see how you get on. You might surprise yourself. Good luck and let us know how you get on
  • jaguilar333
    jaguilar333 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, no pain no gain. If you need to rest between sets, rest. You are just starting so shouldn't over exert yourself. Every day does get easier. Good luck!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you stick with it, you'll notice a huge improvement by day 4. The first couple of days are hell. I 2nd the recommendation for Ibuprofen. Modify the moves if you need to.
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I felt the same way and I have now finished with day 5. I feel much less sore.
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 3 yesterday. Not much has gotten easier but the pain is alot less. The stairs still kill me but I can walk again and sitting is only a little difficult. Please try and stick with it. I'm hoping everyone is correct in saying that by day 5 you can do the whole thing comfortably.. hoping
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Just do whatever you can. My thighs were so sore yesterday and Tuesday. Hurt to climb stairs and sit and stand but today it doesn't really hurt at all. Once you get warmed up it will also hurt less. :) Good luck...you can totally do this!!!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! Even if you do every other exercise. Or take as many breaks as you need. This isn't a competition...just do what YOU can do. I know you're sore (I haven't been this sore in AGES) so try and do some light stretching before hand.

Just do the best you can...but even if you do 1/10 of the shred, it's better than not doing it at all.

Hang in there my friend!
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I hope you don't stop. I know you probably think I don't know your pain...but I do. :) The first time I tried it...I was so sore. Couldn't go up stairs and trying to sit down and stand up was incredibly painful. Push through it...I promise it will get better. :)
  • kittenta
    kittenta Posts: 8
    Options
    I feel the same today, yesterday was the first day and I did wonder if it was going to make any difference as I didn't feel uncomfortable at all!

Today is a different story and everything hurts! I'm still planning on completing my second day, or as least having a good go at it. I may do some Zumba to loosen up a bit first though.

Please don't give up, give a try you might be surprised :).
  • Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I must be crazy because I LOVE the pain/soreness. It makes me feel like I've done something to my body that's going to make it change for the better and that makes the pain & soreness worth it. Trust me, I know how you feel about hurting - I also had a lot of trouble going up & down stairs (sitting in the floor to put my dog's harnesses on them was torture) but if you tweek your mental mindset just a little and instead of thinking "This hurts, I need to quit" think "Yes! This hurts, that means I did something RIGHT to change my body!!!" Maybe it will help you get through those hard days =)