Beginning Medifast

Options
Hello, my name is Ivy, my aunt and cousin have ordered medifast food and both have lost weight on it, my aunt has offered me to try some of the food they've ordered and if I like it, she will order some just for me, if I like it or not, I'm going to do it. Any recommendations? I have an eating disorder not otherwise specified, that being said I obsess like a person with anorexia would, but I eat like a person with Binge Eating Disorder does. I want to loose this weight for good, I want to be happy, healthier, and of course thinner. Thanks <3

Replies

• littleredjd
    littleredjd Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm just getting started, too, but I can tell you that the shakes are good, the tomato soup is good, the soft bakes are pretty good, the crunch bars I've tried so far are okay but they are growing on me, & the pizza bites are not too bad. The chicken rice soup is awful and the pancakes are tricky to make. I'd love to hear some long-time MF peeps list off their fav foods back when they started the program since your tastes change over the course of the program.
  • dellamac
    dellamac Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am only in week 15. First of all let me say congrats and good luck, a healthy lifestyle is the best! As for the medifast foods here are my favorites:

dutch chocolate shakes
    banana creme shakes (tastes like a banana laffy taffy)
    calorie burn cappuccino (ice cold, I think they are horrible hot)

peanut butter crunch bars (so far the only one I found that I like)
    honey mustard pretzels

apple cinnamon oatmeal (add a bit of extra water and tsp of cinnamon)
    maple and brown sugar oatmeal (same tip as above)

brownies (i usually add a few almonds to these or a tsp of natural peanut butter to spread on like icing)
    soft bake (I eat these when I am on brownie burnout.)

homestyle chili ( make it almost like a soup consistency for better taste add some pepper or chili powder for seasoning)
    vegetarian sloppy joes (add some diced tomatoes for extra flavor)

appke cinnamon soy crisps (great for the sweet tooth craving)

Tips:

Don't spend money on the flavor infusers - buy the low sodium crystal light ones or walmart brand :)
    The crackers are worth buying to mix with soups to help with flavor

check out this blog for lean and green ideas and how to spruce of medifast meals: sandyskitchenadventures.com/p/medifast.html (btw this is not my blog)

Check in with your coach all the time. :)
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A good amount of the Medifast food is very dessert oriented. I never ate so many things with the word "chocolate" in them before in my life. The highlight of every day for me is my lean & green meal, honestly.

My favorites:
    Cherry Pomegranate shake
    Chocolate Mint crunch bar (tastes like Thin Mints)
    Mango soft serve
  • leanin08
    leanin08 Posts: 1
    Options
    every morning of my life I have oatmeal made into a waffle, I like the diabetic shakes because they are some lower in carbs and off set the carbs that is in my vegetarian options for lean, I like the bbq bites, the bars, and my favorite on them changes, and brownies. I have lost 167 lbs on the plan, have maintained it since 08. Still use the products because they are safe and portable easy and nutritious.
  • littleredjd
    littleredjd Posts: 66
    Options
    Leanin08 -- WOW. You lost a lot of weight. And great job on keeping it off. Good idea about the diabetic shakes, I think I may switch next time I buy some for that very reason.

FYI for Ivy -- I had the sloppy joes this weekend and fell in love!! I was skeptical, because I did not like the chicken rice soup or the maryland crap soup. It was very filling. Other filling foods are the bites, they leave me much more satisfied than some of the other "treat" type meals.