Any UK based lifters?

Options
MrsT99
MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
Hi

I need some more lifters on my friend list.

Just added a couple of people from the introductions just starting out like me but I wonder if there is anyone in the UK who wants to be my friend so people are running on my time?

I live just outside London.

Thanks

Replies

• Shellza
    Shellza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi

I Just started stage 1 and live in hertfordshire :0) add me if you want
  • MrsT99
    Options
    Request sent - Potters Bar so also Herts just outside the M25. Woo
  • allybeee
    allybeee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi,

im from the Uk too, not started yet, currently injured but i have read the book and intend on starting the exercise side of it as soon as i can, diet is pretty much sorted after reading this andburn the fat, feed the muscle, feel free to add me :)
  • MrsT99
    Options
    Request also sent :)
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from the UK, in Somerset! About half way though stage 1. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • MrsT99
    Options
    Added you too! Fun little gang :smile:
  • Limajuliet
    Limajuliet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I lift, but haven't started the NROL yet. I live in Hampshire, but from Northern Ireland originally :happy:
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I live in Suffolk. Done 7 weeks of stage one of NROLFW but have taken a break as my back and neck have been a bit poorly. Going to restart with the weights Monday. Even invested in a barbell/dumbbell set instead of just hand weights.

Anyone feel free to add me. Be nice to have people to compare results and ideas with.
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm half way through stage one. I work out at home too, which is fun.
  • MrsT99
    Options
    Also at home!
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Everything I do is at home. The average gym membership is about £35 a month and I just don't have that. Plus the thought of working out in the weights room with men is a bit off putting. :s
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Live in Dorset, planning to start this in the next couple of weeks.
  • MrsT99
    Options
    Added everyone!

I have tried Chalean Extreme and I've been through it twice in my lounge so not brand new to weights but have fallen for them and their effects on my inches as well as overall health (I swear I've not had a proper cold since I started).

Invested in some at home for that so so far I've only bought a new Swiss Ball.

Agreed gym far too pricey, and Its nice not going out in all this rain!

Most people when they hear I love weights and been at them 6 months seem to be surprised I don't look like Jodie Marsh yet....
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Even when you look at Jodie Marsh not oiled up she doesn't look like a she-Hulk. Her efforts are different to ours, though - we're lifting to get stronger, she's doing it to shape her muscles.

I'm going to do the modifications at home with a friend and a pair of dumbells, and a Swiss ball. I can't afford the gym either!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Another Somerset gal here, although I live in Bahrain, which is 2 whole hours ahead of you ;)

Anyone's welcome to add me. I'm at the end of stage 3 and work out at home.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I'm from rural Yorkshire; just starting Stage 3, and doing it at home. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • DoodleDaft
    DoodleDaft Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm in Scotland, got the New Rules book but frightened of starting, building up confidence doing some lifting in the bloke corner of the gym, just not ready to do anything that might draw attention to me at the moment. Feel free to add me, looking for more UK friends, especially those who eat more than a sparrow! :-))
  • MrsT99
    Options
    Added everyone yeaaaaaaaaa!
    I'm in Scotland, got the New Rules book but frightened of starting, building up confidence doing some lifting in the bloke corner of the gym, just not ready to do anything that might draw attention to me at the moment. Feel free to add me, looking for more UK friends, especially those who eat more than a sparrow! :-))

Yeah part of reason for starting this was looking at friends lists and seeing people eating around 1000 tops
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    No kidding, i just de-friended someone (not a lifter) who nets about 600 cals daily, she told me she already eats loads when suggested she eat more....

I can't condone that!
  • Shellza
    Shellza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Request sent - Potters Bar so also Herts just outside the M25. Woo

Im in WGC so not far!