Homesickness

Options
ackeebee
ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
This time if year is definitely the toughest..
How do you cope with homesickness?

Replies

• jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just get homesick after 2 years without going back home, yet when i get there i can only stay 2 weeks & i start to miss here or maybe its my $ start to run out...LOL
    I have not had a jamaican xmas for so long that I forgot what it feels like, the field i'm in hinders you from taking vacation after the 15th of December but I really hope someday soon I can go back & enjoy the countryside xmas; not kingston even though I'm from there, just want some peace and quiet away from the hustle & bustle. When I get a real job I hope to take my entire family for a xmas vacation there at a fancy hotel. TIRED OF THE SNOW & ICE
  • ackeebee
    Options
    This is my 11th Christmas away from Jamaica and I must say it hasn't gotten any easier over the years. I think Christmas time and anytime I have just returned from a trip to Jamaica are when I suffer from homesickness the most. I am hoping I will be able to be there for Christmas next year though it is very difficult with my current job as there are 2 of us in the department and one usually has christmas off and the other have New Year. It is not appealing at the moment going all that way if I can't combine both Christmas and New Year and have a decent holiday.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    missing yard right yah now........i think i need to plan a trip in the next few months.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hush
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm doing some serious OT so I can go have a nice time
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would love to spend christmas 2013 in Jamaica, Fingerscrossed. I cant wait. Im tired of the UK weather. This body needs to wear bikini on the beach man.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ackeebee
    Options
    I would love to spend christmas 2013 in Jamaica, Fingerscrossed. I cant wait. Im tired of the UK weather. This body needs to wear bikini on the beach man.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i am here wondering if i can make it this christmas but if not, definitely 2013 as well. i