Balance

Options
gsmitty1
gsmitty1 Posts: 14 Member
Finding the right balance between the right foods, good tasting and energy pack snacks and meals. A good base is knowing what your body needs and contributing to your overall program. So I am asking what are your insights? Have you met many challenges?

Replies

• speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    started to add plenty of colour to meals- and up intake of fruit berries
  • CNadeen
    CNadeen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am new to this dieting balanced. Is there any advice columns on this or web sites you can advise.
  • crashleighann
    Options
    My husband and I try to buy as much organic, no hormone, no GMO food products as possible.
    eating fresh food (not frozen) helps balance out your food intake. You'd be surprised at all the additives and what they can do to stunt your body's natural functioning.

Cooking fresh meats and veggies is always quick and easy... but getting creative with it, so it's not boring.
    We noticed that calorie counting is very effective for overall weight loss... not just focusing on carbs or fat... but overall calories, because that's what your body burns off when you are active during the normal day and workouts.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Eating out and over eating was my main issue, so a big thing for me has been making the majority of my meals at home. i'm less likely to overeat stuff not too because i know if i eat it all i'm just going to have to cook something else tomorrow and honestly i have enough dirty dishes to deal with on a daily basis that i dont need to double them by eating my food twice as fast.

i also try not to buy any snack type things since i'll eat those in one setting. any snacks i make i now have to assemble myself, which makes it hard to overeat.

plus i have sensitivities to gluten, so that's made a HUGE change in the amounts of processed foods i eat.
  • gsmitty1
    Options
    I love to snack on Tri-color Peppers
  • gsmitty1
    Options
    Welcome to your journey to a healthier you .... =_)
  • gsmitty1
    Options
    Yes fresh is BEST, Years ago i used to do the Healthy Choices meals, til I realized all those preservatives in those frozen foods are BAD. Individual counting will drive you nutts, an over all balance in a meal plans is key.
  • gsmitty1
    Options
    Great ... Portion control is hard getting use to, my big issue was candy and soda's, I had to find alternatives (Fruit and water). If eating out I try for the healthy section (Portions always small - LOL). The Gluten bloat - yuck (no- more said there)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if bloat were my only issue with gluten i'd be golden and would still eat it :laugh: i get itchy hives, my face and throat swell and it gets hard for me to breathe :cry:

but sometimes i tempt fate with harrod's lavendar shortbread cookies. those are definitely worth walking the anaphylaxis tight rope :laugh: i keep some antihistamines at the ready when i know i'll be getting those..
  • gsmitty1
    Options
    Dang glad i have no none allergies, that must be a GOOOOOOD Cookie .... =_)