Disappointed at myself!! And so sore!

Options
butterfli7o
butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
I'm so mad at myself...I did day 1 yesterday before work, and this morning just could not wake up early to do day 2. I don't know if it's because I took a Benadryl last night and it made me tired, but there was just no way. When my alarm went off at 5:30, I was just exhausted and my body is KILLING me from yesterday. I'm going to do whatever I can to get it done tonight after work, but omg, my arms, legs, stomach, everything hurts!!! Any suggestions to heal this pain a little so I can actually do it tonight?

Replies

• jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    I was pretty sore on day 2 and 3 but once I got warmed up it wasn't bad. I'd say just do what you can. At least you'll feel good about getting something done. :)
  • julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    take a couple of ibuprofen and just do your best. If you can't make it all the way through, or just do every other move--that is better than doing nothing. It does get easier and you will heal--I promise.

Remember that you are hurting because your body is changing :) and that is what we want, right?

hang in there!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Ibuprofen and do what you can. It is ok to modify the moves if you need to. Better to do something than nothing.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It's ok to be disappointed, but please keep it up.

I was sore too...so, I took a couple of Alleve, a nice hot bath, and then applied icy hot to all the sore places.

The soreness is starting to leave now after the fourth day, so just hang in there. You can do this!
  • AnissaAndrews
    AnissaAndrews Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree--just do what you can! Any movement is better than nothing!!!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I was super sore the morning of day 2 but once I got warmed up it wasn't too bad. Today was day 5 and I'm still feeling stiff and a little sore, but it's much, much better then it was at first. Don't give up!
  • butterfli7o
    Options
    Thanks so much, you guys are great support. I will do my best tonight.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was in agony yesterday (and today) but I did day two last night. I simply told myself I would do the best I could...nothing more, nothing less.

I did okay on the cardio and I alternated using weights (every other sequence) because my arms were so sore, LOL.

I'm off to do day 3 in a few minutes. Not sure how it will go, but again, I'm just going to do my best.

(((HUGS))) to you. DO NOT beat yourself up...you can do this!!!
  • ginnerll
    ginnerll Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did my day one yesterday too, and yes, I woke up very sore today as well, however, once I got warmed up a bit the exercises did get easier to do. The thing I found hurt the most were the first set of jumping jacks, after that, things got better the warmer I got :) I took some advil and also, drink lots of water to help with the sore muscles, from what I've read, that will help a lot. Nice to know someone else wasn't able to start on the first!! lol
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm starting level 2 today and I feel great after the 10 days of level 1. My pants are getting a lil bigger and my arms more toned. Totally worth it!!!!!!!
  • ginnerll
    ginnerll Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    that is so encouraging!! :)
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Were you able to do it? I agree...day 2 was brutal for soreness! I remember trying this before and advice I was given was to drink a protein shake right after. It's supposed to help your muscles and make you not as sore.
  • hmerri
    Options
    You can do it! I'm starting level 2 today and I feel great after the 10 days of level 1. My pants are getting a lil bigger and my arms more toned. Totally worth it!!!!!!!

YES! That is SUPER encouraging. Been working out for a week and not seeing much so far, but I did take a few days off. Sticking with it.
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I am dying to know how hard level 2 is. Please do let us know! I just finished day 6 of level 1.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Just a quick follow up....How are you doing today? Hopefully, the soreness is much less and you're beginning to see some progression. Hope all is well. You can do this!
  • butterfli7o
    Options
    Thank you!! I actually found day 2 to be easier than day 1. :) Yes, I'm still sore but it didn't affect my workout like I thought it would. Very happy! And not stopping!
  • hmerri
    Options
    Thank you!! I actually found day 2 to be easier than day 1. :) Yes, I'm still sore but it didn't affect my workout like I thought it would. Very happy! And not stopping!
    Good job!!
  • bonnie8750
    bonnie8750 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started yesterday too and today my legs are so sore I can barely sit down!! I decided to give my very sore muscles a little break and I went for a walk today instead of doing the video! I feel like a weenie but I don't want to injure myself and not be able to do anything at all. I figure doing something is better than nothing at all. But I will be doing the video again tomorrow!
  • kwheelock
    kwheelock Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is definitely a step up in intensity...my shoulders are killing me! I'm 7 days into Level 2 and I'm still modifying most of the plank moves. Many days I want to go back to level 1 to give myself a break, but I decide to push myself because I want to see change...I can take a break after the 30 days ;) Keep with it!