Weekends

Options
Does anyone else struggle with weekends...especially with the nice weather.

During the week I am more "scheduled", but the weekends bring happy hours, drinks, and late night munchies!

Any suggestions...

Replies

• DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Weekends kill me. But I have been eating whatever I want within my calorie goals and it seems I am actually have a better showing on the scale. I don't see harm in cutting back calories later in the week if you go over to make up the deficit.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    mine aren't great either... but usually if I have a few beers, I'm less hungry.....course last weekend I just BLEW it starting with a primanti's on friday. that was OK but down hill from there... and sunday. OYE. brunch was OK, the pot of spaghetti was NOT... today is another day...and since I've lost weight I'm not killing myself... I don't really care if I'm completely 'on schedule' with 1lb loss per week....since I never thought I'd lose ANYTHING, I'm pretty pleased. no beating yourself up bud.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Weekends are certainly different from weekdays which are more structured insofar as I have breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and with my morning swims, that usually means I've got about 2000 Calories banked by Friday. Saturday & Sunday always involve booze, but I tend to have less formal eating but usually only around 2700 in total. Sunday also involves at least 2 hrs of exercise so that adds another 1000 to the bank.

Some folks call this cheat-days, some call it spiking, but I call it dealing with real life, because if I can't cope with all that, then I might as well give up now and go back to being Mr Blobby.
  • Tequan
    Tequan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree guys...the weekends can be murder! Thank god it's not football season now. I'm pretty good during the week and it's easier to be focused with bringing my lunch/snacks to work. Also, I was never a big water fan, but I've been goig to Walmart and getting those Great Value Drink Enhancers (like Mio) or those that come in the slim packs and you add to like 16 oz of water. It's easy for me to get my 8 cups of water if I use the enhancers with a 32 oz bottle (that I saved after finishing a powerade).

The weekend doesn't work when get outta hand with drinks Friday evening after work. Don't let me jump on the game...Call of Duty & drinks.....b4 I know it, I've down like 3 big glasses of brandy & coke...geeeeeesh! Do'nt let wifey wanna go out to eat Mexican (my weakness...lol) But exercise is the key. Lately, we've been going for walks in the evenings and on the weekends, which can offset the cheating...lol. Another big help is if I need to cut the lawn...lol!

Oh well guys...we gotta keep pushin' on! Any more tips on how to make it through the weekend, etc....post 'em!
  • superchunk17
    superchunk17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The weekends were killing me as well. I am going to try not logging the calories I burn exercising during the week but logging them on the weekend. I figure this will help me to get used to eating less food on a regular basis but give me some extra calories to work with on the weekend so I can enjoy some of my favorite foods...............and beers!
  • DaddyM1
    DaddyM1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? If it wasn't for weekends I'd look great by now. :(

Yup! I start with a pretty big breakfast eating out with the family, and it's all downhill from there on.

Ed.
  • larry1288732
    Options
    Weekends are rough. I just typically try to get half of what I usually eat and deal with the hunger.
  • scottandrenae
    scottandrenae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Football Sundays will be my most difficult time. I usually make a pot of gumbo, chili or something similar and enjoy my kegerator while watching football.