May Horse Challenge Week1

Options
lkellandmay
lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
Okay... May 1st week 1
Today I moved toward my goal by:
- Cleaned the stable
- Rode Solo
- contacted friend to ridewith tomorrow - weather permitting.

Please enter your steps toward your goal in a new reply...
~Laura

Replies

• ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I left DH to feed children and escaped for an hour after work on my horse in the long overdue sunshine..now all I need to do is persuade DH to excersise his horse before I have a jumping lesson on him on Sat otherwise he could be a bit lively lol :-)
  • lkellandmay
    Options
    Week 1 - Day 2

Rode Solo 1 1/2 hours schooling and ring work
    Cleaned organized stable - seems to be an ongoing challenge

had friend come ride k-leigh
    taught lesson
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Have managed precisley nothing on either of my 2... Every day off I have its piddling down with rain... I rode Edward last on the 16th and Dan then too...... Life just getting in the way!! :angry:
  • ruralgirl
    Options
    No horsey stuff today as I have keep fit tonight and house viewers this afternoon! Maybe Ill get out later on to groom the foal as its lovely & sunny!
  • lkellandmay
    Options
    Congratulations @ruralgirl
    Great start to the May Challenge
  • ruralgirl
    Options
    Day 3 - Have made time for DH to take his horse Billy out today while the twins have their sleep which isnt me but it all counts towards our general horse fitness. I have my lesson tomorrow plus 40 min hack there & back so that'll be some calories burned for me and Chloe my mare:-)
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Didnt do anything day 1 or 2 but last night had my dressage lesson which went really well. My little psycho pony is coming along quite nicely and we had a great workout.
  • salsa81
    salsa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not done anything yet.

Planned to ride on Tuesday but typical it was raining!

Was going to ride tonight but realised I've got Avon orders to get ready for tomorrow night and one to take out as the lady is going on holiday tomorrow.

I have done two out of three of my treadmill days though, which does mean I'm getting fitter, just not in the horesy sense!

Hopefully seeing as though it's forecast dry for the weekend (fingers crossed) I'll get two rides in over the weekend PLUS seeing as though it's Bank Holiday weekend I should get a ride in on Monday so that'll count towards next week.

Can't wait to go down as not seen Shy since weekend before last and boy have I missed her!
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    I think I may need to build an ark, then ride my ponies :) Haven't been able to do anything with mine besides feed them and give them a scratch before hustling back into the house before getting soaked :)....I am taking my 3 yr old colt to his first roping practice just to track steers tomorrow, but my trainer is riding him ( only for another month or so then I will be down low enough to ride him myself!)
  • ruralgirl
    Options
    Day 4 - about to set off for my lesson - so 40 min hack , hours lesson then 40 mins home again! Did treadmill yesterday and keep fit in the village the day before but its still not coming off as quick as I want it to:-( I am so impatient lol Maybe I need to reduce my calories again....Have sent of for some Jillian dvds from Amazon so maybe theyll help if they dont kill me...
  • lkellandmay
    Options
    Great. and thank you for posting you had a lesson. That gives me encouragemenmt to get on and get going.

I am hosting a show-clinic May 19th and I am sorrily behind schedule.
    This is my priority now.

Thanks everyone for posting.

Week 1 day 5
    stall cleaning - check
    ordered potty for clinic - check
    ribbons ordered - check
    gone to feed store - check
    \
    horse show judging tomorrow - whew
    - bag organized -from sunscreen to rain wear (showers forcasted :( )
    - clothes organized
    - whistle
    - stop watch

See you
    Laura

Please keep posting
    Tommorrow is Week 1 day 6...
  • lkellandmay
    Options
    Salsa81
    - Well done with your workouts. It is wonderful you are sharing this with us. "I have done two out of three of my treadmill days though, which does mean I'm getting fitter, just not in the horesy sense!"

Getting ftter is important to us and to our horses. I think if we are fitter the horse appreciates that we can hold ourselves together for an entire ride.

RuralGirl - Thanks you for posting your lessons. It makes me want to throw a leg over my guy and take a lesson as well. Your horse must be really fit - 40 min. hack - lesson - 40 minute home. Almost 2 1/2 hours in the tack - nice one well done.

NewLIfeCowGirl - Sounds like you have a plan with your horses as well I have been scratching and doing alot of shovelling lately - I bring my horses in at night and out during the day until it gets hot then I switch them around to in during the day and out at night.

Keep up the great posts... Love that everyone is taking part in the Horsey challenge
    Laura
  • lkellandmay
    Options
    Rural Girl
    I got Ripped in 30 DVDby Gillian M. and it is a killer...
    but as she says "no one said it would be easy"! :cry: thats sweat pouring off me!

~Laura
  • lkellandmay
    Options
    Thank you Mindyhenry for posting about your dressage lesson.

Should we have a posting of our horses?
    Does anyone know how to post pictures?
    Then we can have a Horse post picture!
  • ruralgirl
    Options
    Hi all

Im doing this a bit late but on day 5 I did an hours jumping lesson and then Day 6 (sunday?) I and DH did a 3 hour ride which was great loads of galloping, going through riveres steep ups and downs - nice and challenginf - good practise for our 15 miles on Emoor next weekend:-). Nothing today though - it was a day out with the kids! I think all my photos are on my profile:-) x