HRM

Options
chickenpoppa
chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
I Need to buy a new HRM, not sure if I wanna go for a polar one or get a FitBit? Any advice?

Replies

• Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    I have the Ft60 and LOVE it!
    I also want to get a fitbit just to review my entire day but would still use my HRM for sessions
  • John020667
    John020667 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have a FT4 which is great however if you go to a FT7 you can download all your data straight on to your laptop. What ever type you get makes sure after use you dry the terminals on the transmitter and on the chest belt. Have fun.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT4 from Ebay for $60, it was a sports shop in Melbourne and they were having a huge sale. Sooo worth it. It is amazing!
  • misscarissak
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT4 from Ebay for $60, it was a sports shop in Melbourne and they were having a huge sale. Sooo worth it. It is amazing!

Agreed - I got my FT4 off ebay also and am loving it!! Worth every penny! :)
  • Nath07
    Nath07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just want confirmation...does the FT4 work out cals burnt? And also, can it measure cals burnt without the watch on (have to take it off for some sports) and just wearing the strap?
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    The watch needs to be still on your person. You will see how some o Biggest loser have it looped around their shoulder strap. As far as I know anyway it has to be on your person, but I could be wrong.

Ok so will test it out for you later when I have my walk.
  • Nath07
    Options
    Thanks heaps, I play basketball, so was wondering how i would measure cals without it on.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I tried wearing just the chest strap, but it didnt work the watch needs to be close by I guess to read the signal. its fun having a HRM. I use mine a lot, surprising what burns a lot of calories (gardening), and it seems a lot less my walking, I guess I'm a slow walker. I have the Polar FT7.
  • Nath07
    Options
    Thanks for testing that out for me!! I'll just have to tape the watch up. I think I'll be surprised to see how many cals are being burnt form doing a number of things.

Thanks again!