Finally, there are others like me!

Options
You have no idea how excited I am to find you guys!!! :)

A little about me, I'm 27/f 5'8. I had gastric bypass surgery (Roux-en-y) on 12/14/04 at the ripe young age of 19. I weighed 350 that morning. Due to insurance reasons I was required to get the procedure with an open incision, instead of laproscopically. So I have a 7 inch scar down my stomach, and remained in the hospital for 5 days. I lost a lot of weight, over the course of the next year and a half, I got down to 185. And then I lost sight of what I was doing, lets be real I got lazy. I turned 21 and acted like a typical college kid (even though my body thought otherwise) I got the first boyfriend I had ever had, and landed myself a pretty kick *kitten* job. I got so wrapped up in the life I was living, and comfortable, that my diet and exercise habits went out the window. Fast forward to the beginning of April, I looked in the mirror and saw "the old" fat me! I was horrified, stepped on the scale, and it said 235! I was pissed at the scale and more so pissed at myself! Since then I have been really focusing on my diet, and getting back into the routine and habits that I was initially taught after having the surgery. I have dropped down to 219, as of Monday. I want to get myself back on track and get my body better and right. My friends and family are amazing, and I love them dearly. However none of them have had gastric bypass, while some of them are big and know what its like to be fat and try to diet, they don't understand what its like to have gastric bypass and what its like to now reverse the damage I have done since getting it done.

Sorry this is so long, just wanted to let you all know there is a newbie here, and that I am so excited to find wls support! :)

Replies