Thursday's challenge

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Here is a well known tatic to help you eat less and it actually works for me.....use smaller dinnerware for meals. You can't really 'pile' on because then you spill everything on your nice clothes then if you go get seconds you feel guilty. I say try it 3 times to see if you like it. The sad part is I think that is what our portion sized used to be like before all this supersizing came out.

Now if you are like "nope I like my big plates!" Then make half your plate the vegetables....yummy! Broccoli green beans asparagus beets brussel sprouts.....full of goodness and less calories no guilt if fill plate up with those!

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! Or when you go out to restaurants....order from the Children's menu!!
  • Beth_Gorman
    Beth_Gorman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! I'm going to tray it.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is something I've been doing for awhile, its been working very well for me!
  • tickleandslapp
    tickleandslapp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    yep ,.i do this!! .. lately been putting my meals in small bowls and eating with chop sticks... it just kinda makes things fun. :o) .
  • campychick
    campychick Posts: 20
    Options
    I do this one, and it works for me mentally! I also try to eat all my veggies first to help my tummy trigger the fullness to my brain before eating the rest and I've noticed that it has helped me a lot.
  • khall627
    khall627 Posts: 47
    Options
    I didn't have time to make dinner so I ate a Healthy Choice complete meal which is pretty much portion controlled. Does that count :smile: ?