New Rules of Lifting for WOMEN!

Options
SarahClag
SarahClag Posts: 32 Member
It just arrived, I'm so excited! Who hear has started it/is reading it, and has found it helpful in some way? Can y'all see a difference somehow (size, energy, strength, general attitude toward your body)?

Can't wait!

Replies

• keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just got it this past weekend, so no results to share. I'm still working through reading it in my negative spare time, ha, ha. I have started the first exercises but trying to be cautious to not aggravate knees, shoulder, back issues. There is a huge active group with lots of helpful info.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

Good Luck!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I started the program back in December and finished the first stage, then work got crazy and I got derailed. In that two months I lost about 1/2 inch on all my measurements, and to be honest I wasn't always eating that great. I really like the program because it's simple. I highly recommend following the nutritional guidelines in the book. When I started I was very tired and could hardly complete the workouts because I wasn't eating enough (1200 a day, eating exercise cals back). I also wasn't making progress or getting stronger. After encouragement from the ladies in the NROL4W forum, I upped to 1630 a day according to the book, and felt sooo much better. After that, the workouts got easier and I started seeing progress.

For the past two weeks I've been re-doing Stage 1, trying to get back to where I was strength wise when I quit in February. I'll do one more week of Stage 1, and then skip ahead to Stage 2. I'm ready for a change!