Cancer Survivor wanting to Lose 80lbs in 7 mos

Options
Hi Everyone! I was diagnosed with Cancer on the Liver Last Dec 20, 2011 but later on March 20, 2012, the Hepatic Mass had regressed by 1cm in diameter and turned into a cyst. I am also suffering from Hypothyroidism which really makes it hard for me to lose weight no matter what I did in the past until today. I have been under medicatin for my thyroid however, no matter what I do or eat..loosing weight is just so hard.. I'm struggling co'z I want to lose weight so bad and I want to be healty too. I joined this site just today and hoping to get some help from everyone. "

Replies

• wd4142
    wd4142 Posts: 7
    Options
    This is working for me and I have plenty to eat. I try to stay away from fast food and eat low fat as much as possible. I have lost almost 50 pounds from February 16th when I had my prostrate removed. I hope it works for you.:smile:
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am also a cancer survivor. I am doing the low carb eating to kick start myself off and it appears to be working. I also just started Jillian Micheal's 30 day shed!

I think if you dont' eat fast food, stop eating when you are full and MOVE, you lose weight :)

Good luck!
  • paulaloomis
    paulaloomis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a cancer survivor. I started my weight loss journey on January 12, 2012. Weighing in at a whopping 321 lbs I cried. But, I have lost 52 lbs so far and I am on a mission to get down to 180 lbs!!! I will get there, it just takes time. Stay focused and stay on track and use MFP cause it really helps!!!! Good luck to you all!!!!