Yo.

Options
Just_Dot
Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
Hey there sexy and strong women!!

Some of my friends are doing Stronglifts and I'm having a hard time getting through Stage 3 of NROLFW, so I thought I'd drink the Kool-Aid and come over.

I'm starting SL tonight, whoot!

I just wanted to say hey and shiz.

Replies

• irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    congratulations on finding SL and this group! and welcome! Be sure to read the sticky, it makes things much easier! :bigsmile:
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side homey! :drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Looks like you succumbed to the peer pressure.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Q, yep...but everyone does it, so it's okay.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Q, yep...but everyone does it, so it's okay.
    I'm into peer pressure, just like you!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I just started this past week and like this much more than NR!!!!
  • IzzieLee
    IzzieLee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's an awesome program and the women on here are all very supportive. Makes up for Medhi, the founder, being such a male chauvinist type of guy!!!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    YAY, Dot is here!

i abandoned NROL part way into stage 3 as well, and started this at the beginning of April.
    NO regrets whatsoever. SL is freaking great.
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    trying to learn more about the different programs... what do you like more about Stronglifts than NROLFW?

I'm doing NROL right now (still on stage 1) but not stuck on it.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to the cult..... I mean club :blushing:
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    trying to learn more about the different programs... what do you like more about Stronglifts than NROLFW?

I'm doing NROL right now (still on stage 1) but not stuck on it.

I've read the book for NROLFW and I think the program gets needlessly complicated in the later phases.

SL 5x5 is simple: 5 lifts, add weight every time until you stall out on most of your lifts then change to a different rep/set combo. Whenever you do a "push" exercise, you balance it with a "pull" exercise. Done.

That being said, I think I'm going to add some stuff when I start stalling out. I want to do waiter carries to balance out the strength on my non-dominant side with my dominant side. Farmer's walks look like they mimic a real-life move of carrying heavy things. Turkish get-ups look fun, and are another all-body strength move. Kettle bells look like fun. There's some crossfit stuff I'd like to try (not that I can afford a crossfit membership, but you know).

But I've read a ton of stuff over several years before I finally picked up a barbell, so I have lots of ideas in my head.

I also kinda don't like slavishly following set programs.