How many calories a day do you eat???

Options
Laura8603
Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
I know we're all different, but how many calories a day do you eat? Just curious.

I had gastric bypass 3.6 years ago. I eat 2000/day to maintain and 1700/day to lose.

Replies

• Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 to lose, which is what my doctor told me to do. I'm two years out from LapBand. The weight is slowly coming off. What the calorie calculations say should be 3 pounds a week is actually 1 pound a week. I do worry that I'm not eating enough, based on what I read here, but I still need to give it a shot before I try upping calories.
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I eat 1100 calories. I am losing very slow but losing. I will see nutritionist again soon to see if I need to change this. The doctor says to just measure my food and not worry about calories. Easier said than done.
  • stacygb
    stacygb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am 1 year post lap band and I eat 1300-1400/day. I am exercising a lot and losing so it seems to be right for me.
  • Anointed2luv
    Options
    I was eating around 1400 - 1600 with no weight loss. Now I am aiming for 900-1000
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    500-700 6 weeks out of gastric bypass....
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ditto - based on the measurements that the doctor told my (3 meals of about 1/2 a cup) and now added some 100 calorie snacks its about 500-700 calories.
  • Abasmusikbx
    Options
    I am 4 months out RNY and I dont really know what my daily has been but it's always under 800.... and I am ALWAYS afraid I am eating too much LOL, I am about 1/2 a cup but my Doc says to eat 5-6 times daily
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 2 months post RNY. My intake has been between 500-800 calories a day and 60-70 Gms. of protein. Although I remember being told the first few months were the "honeymoon" period and people lose lots of weight, my weight loss seems to be 2 lbs per week. Lost 20 pre-op and 25 since surgery.
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    7 months post op, and I am at about 1050 calories - some days more, depending on my workout.

I have had problems getting my protein in, so I use a lot of protein bars. I also have issues eating at night sometimes, so my calories might be off.

My nut told me not to worry about calories - just worry about protein, so I focus more on getting the 90grams of protein I need each day.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Had the RNY surgery 10 years ago. I ate 1700 calories today. I try to keep it in the 1700 to 1900 range and exercise a lot. I am still trying to get into a losing Zone. I swear this will be the last time I will have to lose weight!!!, it feels impossible to tackle sometimes.
  • rumpusparable
    rumpusparable Posts: 160
    Options
    Bypass 3.5 months ago. I average between 300-600 a day.
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    7 1/2 years post-op. To lose 2# a week, I try to stay right around 1600. To maintain, I'd be eating about 2000 on the nose.

Your body eventually re-learns how to absorb but you'll always have your pouch as a tool.

Stef
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I am two months and a week post op. Lost 57 pounds pre surgery and 50 pounds post surgery.

I average about 400 - 600 calories a day.

Lauren
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was eating about 800-1000 cals 9 months out (RNY). I've only lost 4 lbs since January! I've just bumped up my net calories to 1200 and have stepped up the exercise.......hoping this gets the weight loss moving. I've started weight training so I'm not sure if I'm just gaining muscle? I've lost inches and can see definition I haven't had before, but I'd like to see scale move too!!!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I had lap band 9/20/11 and have lost about 80 lbs. It was coming off really fast till Jan while I was eating 450-600 calories a day. Then it really slowed down and people told me to increase my calories (eating 1000-1200) and I did. I lost about 10 lbs that month. Now, I am slowing down again. I am exercising consistently and adding weights (light weights as I have a MS-like disorder and exercising can cause me horrible flare ups). I'm trying to increase the moderate exercise and see what happens. The slowdown as only been for 3 weeks so far. I've lost 105 lbs total so pretty happy but need to lose another 35-50 at least:) I don't want to be "Hollywood" skinny tho but would like to be a healthy weight!:bigsmile: