Tough guy/tough gal challenge -6km with a twist!!!

Options
twoboys2012
twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
Hi all ... I am here to let you no in case any of you are interested. There is a 6km run in July 7th and 8th and it looks so much fun ... my friend and i are all signed up and training for it now. :noway:

It is called Tough guy/tough gal challenge and the course includes water trails, a spiders web net climb, mud slide, crawl under barbed wire, a tricky wire rope bridge, unbelievable native bush trails, paddock running, swamp crossing and more mud. You come out caked in mud. Should be a whole lot of fun and laughs. :laugh:

It is a bit more expensive than other runs at $60 but i reckon it will be so much fun. If your interested follow the link below and check it out. Are you tough enough???? :glasses:

http://www.runningcalendar.co.nz/tough-guy-and-gal-challenge-auckland

They also do it in Palmerston north and Rotorua on different dates if any of you live near those places so no excuse for you either. :devil:

Replies

• KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Huh - was trying to get my partner to do this as he is a tall and fit bugger! Thought the challenge would be good especially the rope climbs where his spidery body would help, not like me, a short *kitten*. He reckons he can't be bothered with the crowds.....we'll see :-)
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Huh - was trying to get my partner to do this as he is a tall and fit bugger! Thought the challenge would be good especially the rope climbs where his spidery body would help, not like me, a short *kitten*. He reckons he can't be bothered with the crowds.....we'll see :-)

Cool ... they book out real quick apparently and only take 1500 people ... entries opened couple of weeks ago. Looks great fun
  • angenz
    angenz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to do this!!!!
    I've always had a desire to run an army assault course - strange I know, but hey, it takes all sorts! :tongue: I do like a challenge!

I'm in Dunedin, and don't have the time/money to go to any of the events in the North Island.

Do you know if they hold anything similar for us Southerners???
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Sadly I don't hink so but it is on every year so you can aim to do next year ... also an option of 12km aswell but that is when you do circuit twice ... anyway maybe see you next year???
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm not this far advanced but I am going to Hobsonville on 13 May for the Runway Challenge - 5 or 10km walk with a set of optional obstacles www.runwaychallenge.co.nz

Also check out the Outdoor Sports Festival in Rotorua at Queens Birthday weekend - they promise some offroad walking/running, cycling etc challenges
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I'm not this far advanced but I am going to Hobsonville on 13 May for the Runway Challenge - 5 or 10km walk with a set of optional obstacles www.runwaychallenge.co.nz

Also check out the Outdoor Sports Festival in Rotorua at Queens Birthday weekend - they promise some offroad walking/running, cycling etc challenges

Hi ya ... i am doing the hobsonville run too ... Yay!
    I am nowhere were i wanted to be running wise but i am still gonna give it a go. Same goes for the tough gal challenge which is basically a 6 km run but you get really dirty and i mean covered (by the look of the pics) in mud. The obstacles sounds like fun and only here and there so still mostly a 6km run.
    Come on ... give it a go ... you got till july to learn to run that extra km.
    :)
  • wasro
    wasro Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to do this!!!!
    I've always had a desire to run an army assault course - strange I know, but hey, it takes all sorts! :tongue: I do like a challenge!

I'm in Dunedin, and don't have the time/money to go to any of the events in the North Island.

Do you know if they hold anything similar for us Southerners???

Hi, just wondering if you found out about any similar events for the South (am also in Dunedin and would love to have an event to train for)
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing the 12km at one of the Rotorua events, I heard they are the best ones. Can't wait!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I'll be doing the 12km at one of the Rotorua events, I heard they are the best ones. Can't wait!

great good luck ... i wanna do the Rotorua one next year as they do say it is the best one as it is the original ... but alas little children hold me closer to home for child care ... maybe see you there next year. :)
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options

great good luck ... i wanna do the Rotorua one next year as they do say it is the best one as it is the original ... but alas little children hold me closer to home for child care ... maybe see you there next year. :)

Oh yep, get that :-) Hope you have a good time too!
  • endsend511
    endsend511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, On In dunedin on August 19th there is a 5km race called mud sweet and tears which would fit the description
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    by the sounds of the name it sounds a lot like my one i am doing ... are you going to enter though ... that is the question lol
  • endsend511
    endsend511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    already put my entry in. I'm entering as a team with my office mates should be awesome
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Great!!! Hope you do well and have lots of fun
  • texrae
    texrae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow. this sounds like fun...just need to find me a buddy whos interested