I'm a newbie to this group

Options
Mads1997
Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
Hi all, When I was here previously I lost 22 kgs. I managed to maintain, within a few kilos while I took a break for about a year due to family issues.

I have been back for a few weeks now but it would seem I have stalled out so I have just upped my cals from 1400 to 1700. I was a bit scared to bump them up so much and I have gained a bit of weight in the last 5 days but I am going to stick at it for a few weeks to see what happens. I have been reading a lot of the threads which have been very informative and put my mind at ease somewhat.

Replies

• LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too :) I bumped up my calories to 1873 on April 30. I spent a few months on MFP at 12-1300 calroies and lost about 10 lbs. I tried to lose more but was completely stuck so I gave up for about 6 months. I just ate what felt like eating and exercised and was able to maintain my weight. But I was back into my old habits..... skipping breakfast, snacking on junk food and so on. I was worried too about "upping" my calories (who know what I was eating before though...) but, I feel 1000% better when eating more, good calories than I did before eating junk. SO yay!!!