Chernobyl Diaries

Options
istalkzombies
istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1991245/

I have to say the previews for this movie look f***ing AWESOME, I can't wait to see it!, what are your thoughts? it sort of makes me think of Quarentine meets Cloverfield (no giant monster but they are confined to a whole city and not just one building like Quarentine)

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Oh my holy crap does that movie look amazing. Saw the trailer for it in the theatres and it gave me the chills from just how awesome it looked. Like you said, Cloverfield meets Quarentine. Only its not one building but an entire city, and the threat is fast and hidden. I have a feeling (with most of these types of movies) that the creatures will be nothing but shadows for a good half of the movie. I am hoping that this will be a type of movie that is revolutionary in the sense that they give you an almost clear shot of it, so you're not too disappointed at the end when you actually get to see it. Looking forward to night vision shots. Those always are creepy.

That one I am going to see, either alone or with friends.

(I know I said I'd go watch Cabin in the Woods, and have yet to do so, just dont wanna see it alone for no reason in particualr)
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I know, watched the preview on hulu trailers- looks damn good. - kida reminds me of the Hills have Eyes
    This year looks like they are releasing a few horror movies that have great potential - it's an exciting movie year!
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Want to see this so bad. I really want to go to Chernobyl one day.
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    Want to see this so bad. I really want to go to Chernobyl one day.

LOL after seeing this you may not want go there haha
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I probably will want to go even more. Plus the movie is too fake for me to take seriously. You can tour, but the tours are very strict and limited in what you can see.
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    I probably will want to go even more. Plus the movie is too fake for me to take seriously. You can tour, but the tours are very strict and limited in what you can see.

LOL how many horror movies aren't "too" fake? honestly I think Zombieland is the most realistic type movie I have seen that Walking Dead tv series haha but ya it would be cool to tour that place, itd be sweet to do a paranormal investigation there.
  • LWeiler82
    LWeiler82 Posts: 40
    Options
    Saw a preview for it when we went to see Cabin in the Woods-looks like one to see in the theater for sure!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    If you're a gamer, check out STALKER. There are two episodes. You get to explore post-disaster Pripyat.

Saw the trailer on TV this weekend and it looks completely awesome!

JM
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    If you're a gamer, check out STALKER. There are two episodes. You get to explore post-disaster Pripyat.

Saw the trailer on TV this weekend and it looks completely awesome!

JM

For what system, JM?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I've got it on PC, I'm not sure what consoles have it.

JM
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well I thought it looked scary but couldn't help but feel like it was in bad taste. I mean the kids effected by the Chernobyl disaster have leukemia and are not mutants. Saying that I would like the idea if it wasn't based around a real disaster. Is it going to be like [Rec]?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Well I thought it looked scary but couldn't help but feel like it was in bad taste. I mean the kids effected by the Chernobyl disaster have leukemia and are not mutants. Saying that I would like the idea if it wasn't based around a real disaster. Is it going to be like [Rec]?

Pretty sure its something close to it. In fairness though, we dont know if it is the citizens of Chernobyl or something else altogether. For all we know, it could be something like hell opening up after the accident or something. I agree though, the fact that it is an actual event that is being written in a horror setting makes it kinda sad. Like making a horror-survival movie about mutants in Hiroshima or something. [Rec] was interesting and fun until they made it about demonic possession and stuff. I did NOT expect demons to be involved. So maybe Chernobyl will be the same?
  • mixedfeelings
    Options

Pretty sure its something close to it. In fairness though, we dont know if it is the citizens of Chernobyl or something else altogether. For all we know, it could be something like hell opening up after the accident or something. I agree though, the fact that it is an actual event that is being written in a horror setting makes it kinda sad. Like making a horror-survival movie about mutants in Hiroshima or something. [Rec] was interesting and fun until they made it about demonic possession and stuff. I did NOT expect demons to be involved. So maybe Chernobyl will be the same?

Saying what I did even if you set it in a fictional area and only a similar event you would still compare them. I took it from the trailer that it was to do with the people that would have been effected but maybe I was immediately presuming that would be the case and made what the trailer said fit what I thought.

I'll wait and see what the reviews are like, I never watch films until they are on TV anyway!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Saying what I did even if you set it in a fictional area and only a similar event you would still compare them. I took it from the trailer that it was to do with the people that would have been effected but maybe I was immediately presuming that would be the case and made what the trailer said fit what I thought.

I'll wait and see what the reviews are like, I never watch films until they are on TV anyway!

From just the trailer, anyone can guess that. But what I was saying is you can watch the trailer for [Rec] and see think that it is about zombies or some rabies in humans, but when you watch it you find out that it is about demons. I was only saying that maybe its about something greater. But even still, it does suck that this is a real accident that happened, and they are making movies about it while the victim's grandchildren are still suffering from the effects of radiation poisioning.
  • istalkzombies
    Options

From just the trailer, anyone can guess that. But what I was saying is you can watch the trailer for [Rec] and see think that it is about zombies or some rabies in humans, but when you watch it you find out that it is about demons. I was only saying that maybe its about something greater. But even still, it does suck that this is a real accident that happened, and they are making movies about it while the victim's grandchildren are still suffering from the effects of radiation poisioning.

personally I think enough time has passed, I mean it's been 20+ years, hell they're already made several 9/11 movies, ya gotta think even if they made it 100+ years from now theirs always gonna be a small handul of people who are gonna be upset
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

personally I think enough time has passed, I mean it's been 20+ years, hell they're already made several 9/11 movies, ya gotta think even if they made it 100+ years from now theirs always gonna be a small handul of people who are gonna be upset

well, that is true too.. It's not really a documentary.

I know.. i'm a gutless flip-flopper.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options

9/11 horror though? In my town we host the children that are still suffering from the effects of radiation in the majority of cases leukaemia, it's really sad as they are so enthusiastic and happy to be on holiday but you know what's wrong with them. I think if there was a horror film incorporating Three Mile Island then there would be a bit of a backlash. but yeah, we'll see what happens.

Funnily enough I don't remember the [Rec] trailer to give any hints to what it was about. It's possible that we would have seen different trailers as they sometimes do this in different markets.
  • istalkzombies
    Options

9/11 horror though? In my town we host the children that are still suffering from the effects of radiation in the majority of cases leukaemia, it's really sad as they are so enthusiastic and happy to be on holiday but you know what's wrong with them. I think if there was a horror film incorporating Three Mile Island then there would be a bit of a backlash. but yeah, we'll see what happens.

Funnily enough I don't remember the [Rec] trailer to give any hints to what it was about. It's possible that we would have seen different trailers as they sometimes do this in different markets.

Not horror know but I was just usin that as an example, horror obviously is different but im just saying it's been over 20+ years so I dont see a reason for too much back lash id' imagine if there was any they'd already be hearing about it now ya know but we'll see.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options

Not horror know but I was just usin that as an example, horror obviously is different but im just saying it's been over 20+ years so I dont see a reason for too much back lash id' imagine if there was any they'd already be hearing about it now ya know but we'll see.

Yeah I don't think there will be a backlash but if it was the other way round I would think there would be. It's just one of those things where if it would have been made by the same country the disaster happened in you wouldn't really think anything of it.
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    COME OUT THIS WEEKEND!!! Saw an extended preview for it on tv the other night and made me even more excited to see it. It kind threw me for a loop cause now I can't tell if there really are people/creatures attacking the vacationers or if its them after each other because of the radiation effects but man it looks awesome I am planning on seein it this weekend for sure!