What Supplements Do You Take And Why?

Options
AbsoluteNG
AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
I've read around and been reading around for a while so I don't have any particular article but I can tell you what supplements I am using. I take Omega 3 fish oil and potassium supplement to ensure proper blood circulation. Then there's vitamin E for my skin and a multivitamin called One A Day Men's. Stay away from GNC multivitimins because they will say 1000% daily value. If you take those, they make you feel sick.

Omega 3 Fish Oil
One A Day Men's multivitamin
Vitimin E
Potassium

Replies

• heatherfoster22
    heatherfoster22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I joined the group here just to reply to this :) I think the best thing to remember when taking vitamins or supplements is that they don't work unless they are paired with other specific vitamins. I take a daily Kirkland vitamin pack that includes large doses of your basic vitamins like Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D,K,E,A, B vitamins etc. I also take IP-6 with Inositol for immune system strength and health, Milk Thistle with dandelion for liver cleansing, Green Coffee Bean Extract for Fat Burning, Virgin Coconut Oil for hair and nails and fat burning and powder collagen for skin, nails and hair. The collagen will also help snap your skin back with you for your weight loss. I have a whole chest full of other vitamins and herbs for certain issues as well. When I am not feeling well I will add some extra zinc to my regimen for example. I also drink a lot of tea for specific ailments or just when I want some yummy tea :) Yogi teas are the best in my opinion and have great problem specific teas like Peach Detox for liver and kidney cleansing, Blueberry slim life for weight loss aiding, and Get regular for digestive health. People don't seem to understand that our food is not an adequate source of vitamins and we need more than what our "Daily Allowance" suggests. I think you are on the right track with your supplements and I urge you to try out the IP-6, I have not been sick in 4 years now. On an unrelated note, my grandfather had stage 2 liver cancer with tumors and after 2 months of treatment his tumor disintegrated and he no longer has cancer. Could be a coincidence but I am certain it had something to do with it considering he had no treatments other that that. It is natural and is extracted from brown rice. :)

-Heather
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    actually gnc vitamins are the only ones that DONT make me sick

I've read around and been reading around for a while so I don't have any particular article but I can tell you what supplements I am using. I take Omega 3 fish oil and potassium supplement to ensure proper blood circulation. Then there's vitamin E for my skin and a multivitamin called One A Day Men's. Stay away from GNC multivitimins because they will say 1000% daily value. If you take those, they make you feel sick.

Omega 3 Fish Oil
    One A Day Men's multivitamin
    Vitimin E
    Potassium
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    i take
    10 to 20 ml of flaxseed oil
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    4 chromium pills yeast free
    1 to 2 calcium
    2 to 4 magnesium
    2 effomarine omega 3 with evening primrose
    1 selenium
    1 B complex
    D drops

I dont always take them Every day I often forget on weekends, But these are what my Dr reccomends
    I get an Injection of multi vitimins from my Doctor each month too, which has C, E and B, to keep skin elasticity and texture and also help with cell renewal and energy.
    I drink green tea, ginger tea and green coffee and dieters bowel cleansing tea, I dont put all that in my diary though, because i dont want all the adverse comments.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been an on again/off again vitamin taker for most of my adult life (more off than on :blushing: ). Since I started watching my food intake recently I have become more health conscious and am now taking Omega 3 fatty acid supplements and calcium supplements with added magnesium and zinc. (Since I don't drink milk or consume a lot of dairy I find I am always quite short from the recommended amount of calcium if I don't take supplements). I also plan on adding a good all around vitamin/mineral supplement again soon. I used to take Quest Super Once a Day vitamins with Chelated minerals and found that to be a good product with a good balance of nutrients including the all important B vitamins. Might start taking those again.
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    I take One a day with Green tea extract in it. It helps my metabolism and gives me energy. I do also like the chew able bellybar Prenatal Vitamins. If you have issues with feeling sick when taking vitamins these are a good option. I also have recently started taking saffron extract satiereal. It is supposed to cute your need to snack in between meals and its all natural. I will let you know how that goes.

CHEERS!

-S