Shred when you're sick?

Options
Jenni268
Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
Hi everyone! I was just wanting an opinion on this. I know they can vary, so feel free to join in! I am not feeling well... I don't believe that I am "sick" as in "need an anitbiotic", but I have a lot of drainage, and a sore, swollen throat. I am just plain tired!

So do I try to shred anyway? I always waffle between sucking it up and working out (or at least trying to) or taking a day to rest so I can try to recover more quickly. Recovering quickly is a plus for me right now, since my husband is deployed and I don't have any help around the house and with the kids.

What do you guys think?! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've read that if the head is above the shoulders it is ok to workout, but below then no. I always go on how I'm feeling though. If you feel really awful it is better to rest and let your body get better.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Not a doctor, don't play one on TV..., but, i've found that doing some cardio does help...I just make sure I have tissues with me.

But, if you find that you can't breathe properly...Stop! Get rest! No point in killing yourself.

Get well, and may the Shred be with you!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I took your advice and TRIED. Failed miserably but tried! :) I should've known it was futile since I barely made it through yesterday's shred and wasn't feel nearly as badly yet. I couldn't even make it through the windmills! My arms felt like lead and, more importantly, my chest started aching.

I might just have to trudge off to the doctor on Monday if it's in my chest! :( On the bright side, though, I got in a solid five workouts this week and that's more than I had been doing! So, it's still forward-moving progress!! And I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the support!

**edited because I'm out of it and it showed in my spelling skills :)
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better! Have some nice green tea, hot bath, and relax.