I can no longer go to the gym...

Options
d_89
d_89 Posts: 30 Member
....because it has become too expensive to maintain. I have developed a fair amount of muscle so far while losing fat, and dont want to lose my "new" muscles :( Can anyone who works out at home give some advice on which strength/weight training programs to follow? I have free weights and resistance bands

(I see a lot of persons talking about New rules of lifting.... Should I give it a try? )

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I work out exclusively from home. I have a pretty fully equipped home gym for putting together my own routines, but I also like to workout to videos, mainly by Cathe Friedrich (cathe.com). She has a wide variety of DVDs for all strength/fitness levels.

New rules of lifting is also a popular routine, although if you're not really a beginner to strength training, it may or may not be for you. I'd check your local library or bookstore and leaf through it to see if it seems like a good fit for your current level of training.

You could also check out sites like collagevideo.com if you like working out to DVDs, they have clips of every workout ever, lol. Then there are sites like bodyrock.tv which is site dedicated to home workout routines.

Kiki
  • d_89
    d_89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll check these out!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I have just started the bodyrock.tv may challenge it's pretty intense!!
    Before that I was doing nerdfitness.com beginners there are advanced workouts there too. I use body weight and resistance band.